Yokohama Geolandar A/T tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy54

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just replaced my Yoko's with another set of [4] tyres on D40 with the same [265/70r16] As a tradie with canopy on the back and ladders I have beefed up the suspension and the original tyres only lasted a few years as did the next set. But got these Yoko's in 2016 and they have given me 47,533 klms [Still had enough meat for a good spare] With rotation I hope to get good use out of this set. Tyre guys said the biggest cause of uneven wear is wrong tyre pressure [said : you must have a compressor at home?] yes and check them every month. $285.00 per tyre

I have to say that's not great mileage from your tyres. I expect several times that from any tyre I buy, regardless of what vehicle they're on. I suggest experimenting a bit with pressures as what's on the label on the car is only a very rough guide. Too low or too high and they'll wear unevenly but even when you're in the range where you can't really see uneven wear, just 2 PSI one way or the other can amount to many thousands of kilometres difference in tyre life. Also bear in mind that not all tyres are going to work as well with the same pressures. There's a lot of scope for experimenting with pressures and the rewards can be considerable.

I personally wouldn't go near a Yoko but I'm glad they're working for you. I was a Bridgestone fan for most of my driving life but am now looking for something better, as their quality has dropped off considerably over the last decade or two. With so many tyres to choose from and so many of them rubbish this is no simple search.

Because of the weight in the back it is a fine line of the back tyres wearing faster and rotating front to back and as you said keeping an eye on the pressure. I had yoko's on an F100 many many years ago and they were terrible, thought i would never have them again but here i am. [sure wish i still had that truck]

Latest posts

Back