YD25 won’t start whatever you do to it

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should I do?

• Don’t know need answers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don’t know need answers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GoranDe

Reaction score
Hi 5 months ago I bought a not working Nissan D22, that I was gonna fix, I realized it would just never start, so I changed the engine from a donor D22 with a lot of chassis damage. Before I removed the engine it worked perfectly fine on the donor one but then it just didn’t start one my recent D22 the weird thing is that it won’t even start on spray the engine just cranks, I changed the fuel filter, new and strong battery, I checked all the fuses, and I just feel like that i need help right now what should I do?

if its not firing on ether then check intake for restriction. i'm not sure if they have an intake butterfly, make sure its open.
you only need compression, fuel and air.
if its fires on ether but won't run on diesel then its probably wiring related. ecu, sensor, wiring loom etc.

btw, which version of yd25 do you have?
common rail?

aussie never got the non-common rail version, tho nz did in small numbers.

simple trap with the non-common rail is not bleeding air out of the injection lines. you get air lock in the lines. just undo them a bit and crank untill diesel spills out.

Hi thank you for the help am gonna check everything you told me about it is a YD25DDTi D22 2004 Swedish

I've seen this before and it turned out to be a problem with the ignition not communicating with the ecu. You could crank the car till you killed the batteries, spray as much start ya bastard down its throat and even hot wire the glow plugs. It didn't change a thing.

Hi I finally feel like am getting closer now I have literally changed everything you could imagine, strong batteries, many spray bottles and hot wiring the glow pugs, how did you solve the ignition and ecu problem

Hi I finally feel like am getting closer now I have literally changed everything you could imagine, strong batteries, many spray bottles and hot wiring the glow pugs, how did you solve the ignition and ecu problem

Hi thank you for the help am gonna check everything you told me about it is a YD25DDTi D22 2004 Swedish
ok so you have the non-common rail version (the one with conrod bolt issues).

check all the connections, make sure you havn't left an earth off.
then loosen fuel line going to injector slightly. crank and see if fuel is squirting out. it may simply be a fuel priming issue.
if still no fuel coming out you will need to find why the injection pump isn't firing and not giving a fault code.

Hi i checked all the earths and everything still looks like to be in place, and there is diesel coming out of the fuel lines think it is something electrical or ECU problem am gonna check all the fuses and relays one more time even the hidden ones thank you for taking your time to answer my question i really appreciate it that, I have no one else that could help

If there's diesel coming out of fuel lines - does this mean while cranking, the fuel lines to the injectors are getting diesel?

That's a good sign. There's a couple of possibilities for you to check now.

1) Are the injectors opening? You will be able to smell diesel in the exhaust if there's enough air flow - make sure the air path is clear, unblocked. If there's still no sign of diesel in the exhaust, you could disconnect the glow relay and crank the engine, then check a glow plug for wetness.

2) Are the injectors opening at the right time? The timing is important. The CR engine used a camshaft position sensor to determine when to open the injectors and hopefully yours is the same. Make sure your CPS has no issues with connection (clean the connector). If there's a problem with the CPS it should trigger an ECU error but Tappet/Tweak'e have more experience with the CPS than I do.

if its getting air and there is fuel to injectors its either glowplugs or timming (is it worth a squirt of ""start you barstard"" if it starts its glow plugs not heating

Uppdate I got I starting, so I changed the ECU from donner and this time it started on spray, I even changed all the relays even the hidden ones and I timed the chains, i then switched back the ECU to it’s original and it started with no problem

Latest posts

Back