yd25 P0089 engine code problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajax

Reaction score
Hi all, my nav has 180,000kms 2012. Was driving home from work and suddenly the idle became quite rough with the engine making a tapping sort of noise and a loss of power (throttle to floor makes no difference in rpms, slowly climbs). Next day as i was driving it around thinking it would pass, had a P0089 Engine code appear 'fuel pressure system higher than target value'. I'm going to do a fresh service and replace SCV with ecu pedal dance reset to see if that does anything. would appreciate any help at all, thanks heaps

Solved!
Replaced the SCV with a new genuine one, serviced filters and did the attached ECU reset. I tried a couple of other very similar reset procedures which involved holding throttle for shorter amounts of time etc but this attached one was the one that took my car out of limp mode, engine light disappeared as well as the rough idle, have driven it a fair bit and I'm pretty sure she's good to go. Pretty epic outcome in light of the fact a mechanic said the engine pistons weren't firing correctly and needed an overhaul or engine replacement. Chuffed.

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back