YD25 intake manifold removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vidusha

Reaction score
Looking to do an intake clean on my d22. Its on 170k and doesn't seem like the previous owner has ever had it cleaned or put in an EGR blanking plate. Fairly thick lining of buildup when I took a look through after taking off the intercooler.

I've read what the repair manual says and it doesn't seem that hard to do. If anyone's got any tips and tricks that'd be greatly appreciated thanks. Only thing I'm unsure about is priming it up with diesel after taking off the injector lines. Will the primer on the fuel filter be able to do this or is it a process of pressurising and then bleeding the air by opening the injector line?

It’s a bit of a fiddley job getting the manifold bolts back on especially the ten mil closest to the egr, but doable just time consuming.there’s a pic in the manual which shows torque and tightening sequence. I bolted all the fuel lines back up filled up the new fuel filter with diesel, cracked one of the fuel lines going into the tappet cover, used a air compressor and a rag and blew air into the tank and kept priming the bulb until there was no air bubbles coming out.

Latest posts

Back