Yd25 crank angle sensor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavNewZea

Reaction score
Hi, the plug to the cas has 3 wires going into it, blue, yellow and green. And the back of the plug has 1 2 3 on it. I've torn the plug off and don't know what way round they go... Does anyone know? Or any ideas on where I should look to find out?
Thanks đź‘Ť

Well, now that I've got the exact model there's a new problem: this specific information isn't easy to find. The harness is sold as a complete unit and details about the actual specific pins are just not available. The D22 manual might have the information but I've spent the last 2 hours going through it and can't find it. The D40 manual that I have is a little more user-friendly (better indexing) and the sensor on both cars have the same part number (949979-033). This component is identical on YD25 engines from 2005 to 2015 (apparently).

From the D40 manual for the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP):
ECM terminal numbers and corresponding wire connections:

44 - White wire - CKP Power - to terminal 3 on CKP connector
46 - Red wire - CKP Data - to terminal 1 on CKP connector
65 - Black wire - CKP Ground - to terminal 2 (middle) on CKP connector

Looking at the installed CKP from underneath the car, terminal 1 is furthest from the securing bolt hole, terminal 2 is the middle wire and terminal 3 is closest to the bolt hole.

Hopefully that gets you out of trouble!

Back