YD25.com chain failure - apparently

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jardsoooo

Reaction score
Disturbing post on the D22 FB page.
Guy reckons the timing chain he bought from YD25.com just 8 months ago has broken.
I asked him what YD25 were going to do about it and he said he had'nt been in touch with them and does'nt plan to.

Something about that doesn't seem right. He's spent the money getting the chain upgrade kit and installing it, and it lets go - which is unheard of in itself - and he doesn't want to talk to the people who supplied it?

Something about that doesn't seem right. He's spent the money getting the chain upgrade kit and installing it, and it lets go - which is unheard of in itself - and he doesn't want to talk to the people who supplied it?
Yes its a mystery. Either it is Yd25's and it broke, or its not theirs and now a whole bunch of guys think it is. Lot of D22 owners on that page.
Really none of my business but I'm inclined to get in touch with them and let them know.

In his photo of the drive cog for the bottom chain, minus the chain, is that a singular sprocket, or a duplex one?

I've been in touch with ( presumably ) Paul at YD25 and let him know where to find the post and the guy who posted it.

Disturbing post on the D22 FB page.
Guy reckons the timing chain he bought from YD25.com just 8 months ago has broken.
I asked him what YD25 were going to do about it and he said he had'nt been in touch with them and does'nt plan to.
Has to be fitted by a pro mechanic.

Latest posts

Back