Yd25 balance shaft is it needed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davewatto

Reaction score
I have an 07 vsk d40 got it to fix her up it apparently had an engine rebuild 50000km ago the dreaded timing chain failure had taken its toll due to lack of service over 10l oil in sump very dirty and thin then tensioner failure
16417088904365553777596479220764.jpg

So I fixed head and bits now about to reassemble and have found it has a balance shaft drive gear and no balance shaft fitted this has thrown me has the person who rebuilt it just left it out or it never had one from factory
The gear is the puzzle don't want to reassemble till I know if I should fit one
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Ok thanks that helps so it should have one just check engine numbers and its not the origanal engine I will have to look as I think there are 3 oil jernnals that feed it if they are there
thanks again

Thanks old Tony for your help
I have an update for anybody else who may have this issue
The previous engine build had preformed a balance shaft delete it was done correctly there is a bung in the oil journal as pictured
20220110_165010.jpg
20220110_165002.jpg

Thanks old Tony for your help
I have an update for anybody else who may have this issue
The previous engine build had preformed a balance shaft delete it was done correctly there is a bung in the oil journal as pictured
Hi,
Looks like you know stuff about balance shaft removal.
My front scissor gear on the balance gear lost half of it's teeth and springs and pins are probably gone.
I can spin it freely, no spring tensoin. No locking at 2-3 teeth turn distance travel.
My car is stuck on the parking lot and my priority is to get it moving.
Will it be OK if I just remove the big cog wheel that drives the balancing shafts (between timing sprocket and oil pump) and run it? I will have no way of dropping the front axle where it is to get it replaced. Everything esle would stay in place. That means the oil galley you pictured would not be blocked.
What are my options?
Can I remove the big cog wheel that drives it and leave it? Would I need to have something machined as a spacer between timing and oil pump?
What about the oil galley? OK to leave as is or I would have to at least drop the whole unit to get enough clearance to press the bung in that oil galley?
I started a thread here as when I saw that broken I had no idea at what part am I even looking at.
Thanks! :)
https://www.navaraforum.com/threads...n-the-1st-place-yd25-photo.39819/#post-407850

Latest posts

Back