Won't start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harvy153

Reaction score
Hello I have a Nissan Navara D22 ZD30 the other day I got into the car the car started and ran really rough and come good then the next day I hopped in the car and car wouldn't start until I give it a tow start and run rough and come good now today it is doing the same problem any ideas on what this problem could be

most likely fuel draining back to tank due to an air leak (possibly filter or primer).
bit of clear fuel hose before and after the filter should show bubbles if there is a leak.
a one way valve down by the tank will help a lot.
if that doesn't help it still could be an air leak down a the pump. best way is to put clear line on the fuel return line and look for bubbles.

didnt realize it was that old as some one mentioned before fuel delivery would be good start to look into check your primer before you start , it should be holding pressure

Hi did you find the solution... i have a d22 to... it has a new primer pump... the primer pump gets solid but than goes slack... also i found out that the return line has heavy fuel coming out when i prime.. no matter the car is off

2002 d22 zd30, intermittently no start. cranks fine but sounds like no fuel,...no fuel smell after cranking,... found that i could use the hand primer which would pump up about 10 -15 strokes before coming solid, then engine will start. have to do this 2-3 times sometimes. have changed the filter as a precaution which did not appear to contain any crap when emptied. seemed to be good for a week but doing it again intermittently

That's a few more pumps of the primer than I'd expect. I'd think there's an air leak. Try this: get it firm, then keep going. Overpressurise the system (you can't hurt it). It will reach the point where diesel starts coming out of a leak - fix it and you should be right after that (unless you have TWO leaks and only find the first, but one step at a time eh?).

2002 d22 zd30, intermittently no start. cranks fine but sounds like no fuel,...no fuel smell after cranking,... found that i could use the hand primer which would pump up about 10 -15 strokes before coming solid, then engine will start. have to do this 2-3 times sometimes. have changed the filter as a precaution which did not appear to contain any crap when emptied. seemed to be good for a week but doing it again intermittently
Yep, mine takes two pumps, it's difficult to squeeze on the second, but completely solid on the third one. So it sounds like you're getting air into the system. Something isn't sealing, could be a hose, filter seal or the primer itself.

Yep, mine takes two pumps, it's difficult to squeeze on the second, but completely solid on the third one. So it sounds like you're getting air into the system. Something isn't sealing, could be a hose, filter seal or the primer itself.
I noticed a spot of oil/fuel under my car when walking up to it in the car park,..closer inspection found that yes,...there is a small split in the return line. Quick trip the supercheap for some new hose and I do believe that has solved the problem...starts now like it always did.

I noticed a spot of oil/fuel under my car when walking up to it in the car park,..closer inspection found that yes,...there is a small split in the return line. Quick trip the supercheap for some new hose and I do believe that has solved the problem...starts now like it always did.
I found the same on mine, under a protective sleeve where the 2 hoses came together
Some protection they provided 🙄

Glad you got it sorted mate.

Latest posts

Back