wont rev when cold

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teacher ROY

Reaction score
hi all fellow Nissan people,
My 3.0L TD, 2002 DX starts easily, but sometimes will not rev<<< till it begins to heat up Then its no problems.. No noises, no leaks, No lack of power, well serviced new filters all vacuum lives closely inspected,
Any ideas please as the problem is growing worse The engine warning light comes on as soon as the problem occurs.

hi all fellow Nissan people,
My 3.0L TD, 2002 DX starts easily, but sometimes will not rev<<< till it begins to heat up Then its no problems.. No noises, no leaks, No lack of power, well serviced new filters all vacuum lives closely inspected,
Any ideas please as the problem is growing worse The engine warning light comes on as soon as the problem occurs.
sounds like it goes into tempory limp mode get youself a wireless elm 327 (no cord) use laptop (r i phone) to get fault codes

Unfortunately if you have the OBD2 type plug under the steering column it is hard to get a reader that works as the ZD30s use consult not obd2. You can get a mechanic to check or I think supercheap offer the service but unsure if they do Nissan Consult

no limp modes on those.
and forget code reader, just follow the instructions on here (somewhere), jumper the port terminals and read off the error codes.
it takes all of about 10 seconds to do.

Got an Isuzu NPS 300 that is doing this and has done for a long time, I suspect the choke vale is not closing, once warm no problems but should be fixed, no fault codes on these trucks;)

Latest posts

Back