Wiring under centre console? 2 cables disconnected - what are they for?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phunk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Under the centre console on my D40 ST (Spain), there are 2 cables that look like they can connect to eachother. They are disconnected.

Any idea what they are for?

I'm going to install a reverse camera / mirror tomorrow, I'll pull it out again and take a snap.

They're definitely left apart on purpose as they are nicely taped up, but more wondering what they could have been used for as if it's something interesting i'll upgrade the part and get it connected

I've yet to come across a vehicle, regardless of make or model, that doesn't have unconnected plugs or sockets. It's far cheaper to make the cable harness to suit all possible combinations of goodies than it is to make separate harnesses to suit specific combinations. Plugs, sockets, wire, etc that cost us absurd amounts are mere cents at the manufacturing stage.

It’s much cheaper to install a full wiring harness in be running vehicle than it is to get half way down the production line and find the wrong harness for the satnav.

inside the center console of the STX 550 there is a cigarette lighter socket, USB plug and aux input.

I've got these already though.

This is only a pair of cables. I'll check the wiring diagram and see what Nissan had planned for these

Hi guys,

Under the centre console on my D40 ST (Spain), there are 2 cables that look like they can connect to eachother. They are disconnected.

Any idea what they are for?
I have hundreds of those wires it was for extra lightes like those fir police cars ..etc also there were like a heater for ice . Serms my car were used for SOS or security something

i have a tray and canopy fitted on my np300 no rear view . one camera rear low (handy for lining up tow hitch) permantly on connected to large screen clamped over mirror .2nd rear top of cannopy can view through trailer wire cage , 3rd on rear of trailer to use when its fully loaded .. 4th camera to view blind spot when reversing out of angle parking in town. last three cameras connected to dash screen can split screen view all or make selection... I use cigarete lighter plug the only part that didnt come in the kits was female connector for joining cables when using trailer

i have a tray and canopy fitted on my np300 no rear view . one camera rear low (handy for lining up tow hitch) permantly on connected to large screen clamped over mirror .2nd rear top of cannopy can view through trailer wire cage , 3rd on rear of trailer to use when its fully loaded .. 4th camera to view blind spot when reversing out of angle parking in town. last three cameras connected to dash screen can split screen view all or make selection... I use cigarete lighter plug the only part that didnt come in the kits was female connector for joining cables when using trailer

Funny you mention this, I finished installing my camera the other day. I drilled through the bumper and placed it to the left of the license plate on the rear. Get a good view of the bumper.

I held off on changing the headunit just yet, so I got one of those reverse camera mirrors to replace the OEM one.

Latest posts

Back