wiring spotlights, high beam wire in cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
about to wire in some spotties. does anyone know where to find the high beam wire under the dash?

would work out neater to run high beam power to a switch from an in cab souce than from under the bonnet.

With my old 22 i just pulled the plastic cover off the steering column and used the test light to identify the correct wire which didnt take long at all, but for the life of me i couldnt remember what colour it was or give you any more detail then that. .
With the D40 it is a different story, the wires are run allot tighter and with all the steering wheel controls there are way too many wires so i just run it to the back of the headlight

thanks nathan, ill give that a go.
will save running a wire to the back of the headlight.

had a look at the wires that come off the stalk on steering column

cant seem to locate the high beam as yet.

there's one wire that shows 12v when the headlights are on then when high beam is on it goes up to 250v on the multi meter, im not sure what that means.
i dont have test light at the moment.

i might end up having to just go off the back of the headlight.

yeah ill pick one up, might come in handy.

thought id be able to find it with the multimeter though.

not sure what that wire is that goes upto 250v, has to be something to do with highbeam but its on 12v when only the headlights are on so thats no good to me.

found the high beam wire!

easier to get to than the back of the headlight and neater to wire.

its the red & yellow wire in the attached pic.

only 3 screws to remove the top plastic steering column cover.

Attachments

• D22 high beam.jpg
    D22 high beam.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,962
not sure about a plug and play wiring harness.

its not too hard this way, works out neat and doesn't cost you the price of a harness.

just splice into this wire, run to switch and run the switch to a relay connected to the lights, fairly straight forward. and try to get the wiring as neat as possible.

yeah i'm sure it's a false reading, not surew why it does it though.

couple of pics.

led light bar yet to be fitted to the roof rack, wiring has been run up to the top of the roll bar so all i have to do it bolt it on and connect wiring from there.

Attachments

• P1000087.JPG
    P1000087.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 175
  • P1000088.JPG
    P1000088.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 148
Old post but thank you! Needed to make my wiring legal instead of just running from a switch!

Where does everyone run the harness through the firewall. I have a 2012 D22 and there is no where that I can see to run the harness through. I don't want to drill a hole if I can help it..

Thanks

Not sure of the 2102 model but no doubt someone will be along to set you straight.

On the older model d22 there's a grommet near clutch reservoir slightly above heater hoses, another one in the corner near brake booster for bonnet release, probably others.

Last edited:
After a bit o research it looks like the best place is the main wiring loom into the cab next to the antenna. This model has a dodgy switch setting where the blanking plate has a cut out made for a proprietary switch assembly. It has a small cut-out in one of the sides. Bloody car manufactures and their designs

Not sure I'm following here so guess they must be vastly different. On earlier 3lt models the main wiring loom (that I imagine goes to the cpu) goes through passenger side firewall but the antenna is on drivers side? Not really seeing anything else. Unless you're talking about wiring going through the inner guard?

Though personally I would be staying away from squashing anything in beside the main loom. If you're doing lights you're only going to need one wire. Have a look on the drivers side corner near the break booster, is there a grommet that the boot release goes through? Mine has cruise control going through it also. That will be the closest straightest run through to a dash switch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back