Wiring query,

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genghis

Reaction score
Hey everyone, still new to this forum and finding it fantastic.
I started a thread a week or so ago and have an update on it.
I have recently purchased a 2008 4.0l STX. I have 0420 and 0430 codes plus an intermittent ABS light. I recieved some super helpful advice on here and today finally got time to put it up on the lift.
I found 2 plugs going to the front of the transfer case both with 2 wires each. One with yellow and black the other red and black. All but 1 of the wires were broken after a cable tie holding them up had deteriorated and dropped the loom down on the front drive shaft. Both of these plugs have wires that appear to travel to the two rear 02 sensors. One of the plugs i need to replace has the wire snapped off inside the plug. Im hoping someone on here may know the name of the plug? To me it appears it is plugged to some sort of sensor in the transfer case that also includes the 02 sensor. The Nav still switches between 4low, 4high and two wheel drive fine.
Cheers Sam

Attachments

• 20201006_180358.jpg
    20201006_180358.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 20201006_180440.jpg
    20201006_180440.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 13
In your other post, I missed the bit about the wire breaking inside the plug. That makes things harder (although not impossible). Personally (because I'm a cheap-skate when I can do some things), if the plastic were not thermoplastic (ie it's something like bakelite) I'd put a little multicore solder inside the hole the wire came from then heat it up, and tin the end of the wire and push it in, testing with a multimeter to ensure a successful join.

Otherwise, it's part of the wiring loom and they're usually not cheap, but a visit to a wrecking yard may be fruitful here - most cars won't be written off because the O2 sensor wires were damaged!

Lol, I'm a massive cheapskate as well when it comes to repairs. So long as it works and is reliable I'm all for saving a buck. Thanks for your response mate and this is along what I was going to try.
Appreciate your response

Back