Wir35 - '09 d22 st-r

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back seat & suspension is so rough, they're not even suitable for children to be passengers in...lol

They might be a simplistic form of transport but you shouldn't really be letting your kids drive them.

Hey, cmon...

i learnt to drive as a young kid in Shepparton on the orchards with a clapped out Fergie.
Drivin a '22 now, takes me back.

The first thing I drove (around the APM tracks in case those do gooders who bitch about kids driving too young are around) was a 77 F100, it's no wonder I can't bring myself down to the level of a D22 :eviltongue:

It's strange we weren't allowed to drive a friends tractor around the farm until we were 16 yet driving the neighbours F100 through the APM tracks several years early was ok, sometimes it's hard to figure parents out.

Yep I had a time machine and came forward and got a 77 F100 and took it back to the days of black and white, which wasn't a problem because the ute was Ford brown anyway so it just needed darkening, what really stuffed me up was getting those square wheel to fit it.

Ahh the rides not so bad, the problem is those APM tracks are paved with huge rocks, hooning along at 60 kph (ever tried to get a square wheel to roll) and you hit one of those you can roll the vehicle end over end without trying.

I learnt to drive in my dad's landcruiser ute on the beach, quite handful for a skinny 12 year old! Of course, you wouldn't do that sort of thing these days....

Not after all those letters from do gooders in the paper about a kid on tv driving around his outback property. When I was a kid the only people we used to have to watch out for on the APM tracks was the forestry guys who even then had a chip on their shoulder about hoons trashing around their dirt tracks.....god knows why.

We saw coppers out around our place so rarely that even when they did come out as long as we weren't hanging it around a corner they just waved and kept going. These days even if the cops don't want to bust you for doing that there is always some dumb arse do gooder ready and willing to ring the coppers and complain.

Fitted some pretty mean looking 18" wheels and tyres to the truck, makes it look so much better I reckon......

Attachments

• IMAG0261.jpg
    IMAG0261.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG0262.jpg
    IMAG0262.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 91
Cheers, I figure just about anything could be better than the ugly standard ones. I went by the formula of dish depth + offset + diameter = cool

Yeah, I think the 18's will be fine for sand, but the tread pattern looks pretty road-biased so I think they will be a bit slippery in the mud.... when the rubber is due for replacement i will probably go with something like the Cooper ZEON LTZ's 285/60R18
Cooper Tires - Tyres

With a company car on the way in the coming months, sadly it looks like the Nav will have to go. Whilst I really don't want to sell it, having 3 cars whilst living in an inner city apartment is just not an option, and there's a snowball's chance in hell of my Mrs selling her Yaris and driving my truck around instead. If anyone knows of anyone who would be interested in buying the vehicle complete with all the aftermarket gear, or buying the gear separately, please get in touch with me. I would really like it to go to a good home as it is pretty much a brand new vehicle fully kitted out for touring/camping.

- 2009 plate, first registered Feb 2010
- All the standard ST-R features, pwr windows, pwr mirrors, air con, 2.5L CR engine
- Fusion Ipod head unit/speakers
- Hayman Reece HD towbar
- ARB steel winch bullbar with big spotties
- ARB smooth painted canopy with lift-up windows all round, interior lighting & brake light
- ARB canopy steel roof rack heavy duty
- Custom made drawer system, marine ply covered with marine carpet, heavy duty rollers & lockable drawers
- Dual batteries (mounted in the back in a specially made hatch, with a 240v inverter and 240v power points)
- 18" wheels with wide tyres
- Fuel economy around 10L/100km with all the extras fitted

Disappointingly, I haven't even used it for the purpose which I bought it for, as my GF refuses to come camping with me. I've taken it on the beach twice, I was fastidious about cleaning it - I spend half a day washing it when I got home, and then washed it every evening that week. Rest of the time has been 100% highway/city driving. All the ARB aftermarket components are only about 6 months old and have not really been used at all.

I know Nissan are selling new D22's for around the low $30k mark, this one has about $10,000 of virtually brand new extras, and only has about 15,000km on it, and it in as-new condition. Consequently I would be looking for reasonable offers around $35,000 with all the gear. The vehicle owes me about $43,000 to get it where it is.

I know mate, it's pretty sad to sell it, just as everything was coming together. I tried my darndest to get my employer to just give me a fuel card or a vehicle allowance instead of a vehicle, but they want to portray a "green" image so they have a fleet of Toyota Prius's which I will be adding to. I'd wanted a 4x4 ever since I was a little bloke, finally got one, now I have to get rid of it a year later!!! Spewing!!! I think I might cry when the truck goes :(

sorry bud, other option is get rid of the apartment heh. i would cry too ok na i would get rid of mrs first lol. i'll be shot if she reads this, sometimes she'll have a sticky beak :D

Latest posts

Back