which scantool

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2greedy

Reaction score
Hi guy's

which scantool do i need? for 2005 D22 ZD30 navara? are they consultII,OBD,OBDII or what are they? from what i have read the consult setup should have a grey plug? but mine has a white plug.

So what do i need guy's definitively!

From 1996 the std is OBD2..the plug is the same no matter the colour,,,even my Triumph motorbikes have the same plug

Consult is the Nissan software, while it's available on some questionable sites on the net it's not a readily available system to buy I also believe Consult II is an old version.

Also it may be worth rechecking the OBDII adaptability, I'm fairly sure that while the earlier D22's have a OBDII port it is not fully compatible with all OBDII port readers, because there is no legal requirement to adhere to a particular protocol, just provide a port.

While OBDII has been around since the mid 90's not all OBDII ports are the same. I believe Dave found out his 06 while OBDII compliant will not accept a scangauge, while scangauge is not the only OBDII tool the fact that later models do accept the scangauge would indicate different protocols at work.

Do a Google search for ecutalk. The guy makes gauges that work for consult connectors....just to throw another spanner in the works. I have actually read there are certain Nissan vehicles that look like they use an OBD 2 plug but actually only support the consult software.

The 05 d22 has an obd connector, but runs consult 2 not obd. Ecu talk is the only one I found that was available. Pretty limited in information that is available using this device though, not like a scanguage.

'03 zd30 scan tool ?

Hello fellow nav' owners ! And what about the '03 zd 30 nav ? What scan tool would I need to buy ? I have looked and looked "here and google" but are having no luck .. thanks vic

Have a look at the Autel MaxiAP200. It reads codes in all modules plus I can confirm it will code keys, injectors and recode ECU's to suit the keys, BCM and immobiliser. They're about $130 on eBay and other online sites and give close to Dealer level capability.

https://autel.net.au/specialty-products/maxiap-ap200/
If you think this is for you make sure it's the AP200 not the cheaper reduced features AP200H, AP200C or AP200M

Have a look at the Autel MaxiAP200. It reads codes in all modules plus I can confirm it will code keys, injectors and recode ECU's to suit the keys, BCM and immobiliser. They're about $130 on eBay and other online sites and give close to Dealer level capability.

https://autel.net.au/specialty-products/maxiap-ap200/
If you think this is for you make sure it's the AP200 not the cheaper reduced features AP200H, AP200C or AP200M
Don't think it has a ECU,it's a Japanese import in new Zealand , just one driver side airbag in steering wheel that's it and the light is flashing

Attachments

• IMG_20180818_164224.jpg
    IMG_20180818_164224.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 0
Back