Which Navara should I buy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhys123

Reaction score
Hello all,

First post ok after many years I am now in a position to buy my first Nissan Navavra. I have a budget of about $30,000 and I have whittled it down to the following 3 cars. I am located I WA

Car 1
2007 Nissan Navara STX pretty well optioned out located in WA

$27,000 128,000 km on the clock NISSAN NAVARA D40 ST-X
Genuine Nissan Steel winch compatible bull bar,
3000kg Nissan Tow bar,
IPF Spotlights,
Underbelly steel bash plates (front and centre),
Outback ideas aftermarket recovery points,
2" heavy duty tough dog lift kit,
160 litre long range tank,
5-point tie down system in tray,
Custom built lockable tool box in tray,
Aftermarket Rhino racks with roof rail system,
Iron Man roof awning,
Bull bar mounted sand flag,
Genuine Nissan roll bar and soft tray cover,
Black Duck canvas seat covers,
Red Arc remote electric brake control unit,
Uniden remote display UHF with long range removable antenna,
Bonnet protector,
Headlight protectors,
Dashmat,
Weather shields to both front windows,
Nissan rubber floor mats front and rear,
Dark window tints,
Near new 265/75 R16 Maxxis Bighorn MT tyres,
Full service history

Car 2
2007 Nissan Navara once again pretty well optioned out but located in VIC

$28,500 08/2007 NISSAN NAVARA D40 ST-X YD25.
with 125000 klms with original books.
Spanish build, has got a couple of factory features, nudge bar, side steps (not installed). tub liner never been used.
after market features including;

* 2'' pedders lift kit + strut & shock absorber , not just coil spring.
* Uniden long range 80 channel UHF / CB radio (27mhz antenna)

* High Lift Jack.

* 2 X spotties on nudge bar.

* 4 x spotties on rear sports bar wired up on individual switch.

* 32' MAXXIS Bighorn mud terrains on 16in sunrayia rims. (285/75/r16)

* Twin Air Horn.

INTERIOR

* Pioneer DVD / SAT NAV. inbuilt 30gb to store music or movies on hard drive. reversing camera..

*Pioneer Mono Block amp + Pioneer Champion series 12inch 1400W sub in ported box.

* soundstream 6x9's for the front.

* soundtream 6.5inch spilts for the rear with tweaters at the front.

* 4ch soundstream amp powering the speakers nicely.

Car 3
Car number 3 2007 Nissan Navara not optioned out at all but only 40,000 on the clock but located in SA

$28,000 40,000km 2007 Nissan Navara D40 ST-X 2.5 DSL, Auto, 40,000Km, Immaculate Condition, One Owner, Metallic Blue, Armaglaze Paint Protector, Alloy Bull Bar, Utili-Track System, Rino Tub Liner, Roof Racks, Soft Torneau Cover, Side Steps, Tow Bar, Power Tinted Windows, 5 x Alloys inculding spare, Wool Seat Covers, Nissan Mats, Spot lights.

Now I am kind of at a stalemate as to which car I should purchase travelling interstate is not a issue, but I am also not familiar with the process of transferring ownership between states and reviewing the SA web page it seems a little complex. I am also not sure which way to go in regards to KM vs options.

Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Steve

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums.

If you want to tow anything decent, get the auto.

I'd probably ask why the Auto only has 40K on it, it may well be genuine but it seems low for an 07. I wouldn't worry too much about transferring ownership, honestly if it was that hard people wouldn't be doing it.

The options come down to what you want to do with the ute more than what they are worth. I'd rather pay the same price for a low km vehicle and do my own mods than pay for high ks just to get a few second hand mods which may not all suit my needs..

Chances are the one without mods has had a much easier life.

Yeah but it's in SA it's probably been driven around in reverse, they are a bit backward in that state.

The first one is actually around the corner from my in laws place, I wouldn't buy that on principal :sarcastic:

If it was my choice i would be looking for the lower k options as well. Just do the WOVR check etc on whatever you choose

Cheers guys

I am leaning towards Car 3 the low km's are a big draw card though I am concerned that it may have been driven in reverse for the whole 40,000 (it is located in SA).

The only thing I am slightly concerned about is that in SA you apparently have to lodge the disposal notice on the current registration certificate and lodge it with the Registrar of Motor Vehicles at any Service SA customer service centre in person.

This would be a PITA as I would prefer not to hang around in SA for any length of time.

It only has one month of registration left on it so I would need to get it inspected and transferred over to WA.

It unfortunately never seems simple.

Ring the roads corp in SA and get it word of mouth. The last person I know of that brought a car from SA and transferred it did it all sight unseen so there must be options.

Krafty I will ring the SA roads mob and see what they have to say.

Ourd yeah I will give the WA guys a call and see what they have to say your suggestion would be the better option I wonder where you would pay the stamp tax on the sale of the car.

Check the SA gov website, it says the seller must lodge the disposal certificate. Therefore you do the checks, you buy it, sign the appropriate paperwork and drive it back to WA and re-register it there before the SA rego runs out.

This information is actually listed on both states websites. I was curious too see just how hard the information was to find and I managed to find the applicable information on both sites within about 3 mins.

Have a read and download the applicable forms or duck into the transport mob in WA for the transfer forms (which you wont need until you get back) and make sure the seller has the appropriate forms to sell the car in SA by at very least looking at the PDF's on line or printing them and taking them with you.

Cheers guys I will give the WA roads and fines department a call on Monday from what I can find it would have to go through an inspection as the department requires that "There is evidence that the vehicle is currently licensed in your name and has been for a continuous period of at least 12 months at the time of application (unless the vehicle is less than 12 months old)" but that shouldn't be a hassle and the stamp duty is cheaper in WA anyhow.

Krafty I will ring the SA roads mob and see what they have to say.

If you're going from SA to WA I can't imagine that SA will give a F&*^ what you do - WA will probably want to do a quick inspection (to check it roadworthy and not got a stolen motor etc).

Should be painless - apart from costing a few dollars (& it always does).

and make sure the seller has the appropriate forms to sell the car in SA by at very least looking at the PDF's on line or printing them and taking them with you.

Disposal notices used to be printed on the back of the rego form - but since they did away with rego stickers I couldn't be sure anymore - so do what krafty said!

Latest posts

Back