Where to mount a pre-filter?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldManBeard

Reaction score
I've purchased a Fuel Manager universal pre-filter kit and am now searching for a suitable place to mount it. I know there are model-specific kits for the Navara but they all seem to be for the manuals only and I have an auto.

I've been googling for information on the subject, preferably with pictures, but so far all the ones I've come across won't work for me. Most commonly they seem to get mounted towards the rear of the engine, on the passenger side. I can't put mine there because that space is already taken by the catch can. Every other location I've seen suffer from the same problems; it's close to impossible to check the water level and even harder to drain the water.

The mechanic who changed my injectors suggested I might look for a spot on the tray frame. I'm also considering the possibility of mounting it close to the fuel tank. Neither of these would be ideal but at least I would be able to check the water and drain it, even if that means laying under the car to do it.

Who else has been through this and what solution did you come up with?

Post a pic of your engine bay.... I put both, pre filter and 1 catch can behind the original fuel filter but that's a d22..

Nothing wrong with mounting it on a rail near the tank, you've got to get down underneath to do the oil change..

Attachments

• 20210425_084847.jpg
    20210425_084847.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 31
  • 20210425_084858.jpg
    20210425_084858.jpg
    912.5 KB · Views: 31
Wow! You sure have got a lot of room to work with. Not so on a D40. I did install the pre-filter two days ago. I put it at the front of the engine bay. In that position, I can see the sight glass and I only need to remove the two bolts to lift it right out to replace the element and those bolts are easy enough to get at. I can just get to the train with my short fingers, without having to undo the bolts. Mounting on a rail near the tank is a no-go. The 140 litre tank I put in leaves absolutely no room. I did consider a spot on the rear of the cabin but it would have needed a stone guard and it would have been too difficult to replace the element.

20210425_091547.jpg

20210425_091619.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh yeahhh, long range tank kills it... I have my pick up pump mounted down at the front of my tank.. Made up a skid/bash plate to cover it, noisy bugger though, and I mounted on rubber mounts so I can't go a bigger tank. Plus I have the fuel cooler sitting above it now so the tank stays.. Hopefully the water meth injection will help with the mpg!

I moved the air box when I fitted the I.C, best thing I ever did, opened up all that space.. Much easier for oil changes too, I do the air filter at the same time and that makes it reallll easy to get to the oil filter..

Latest posts

Back