What GPS are you using ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back on topic,i run a garmin 60 csx with bluchart,shonky, ozemap ,vic & some of NSW topo as well as a street map could be IGO all on 1 sd,.,use the Tomtom for street use.Bought another Tom tom in USA a few weeks ago [5 inch]was invaluable in navigating around US & Canada,had live traffic upate which worked great.Hugh

Just gave my new Garmin Montana 650T a workout down at Sundown NP.... Best of everything that suits me.... Upload/Download different tracklogs, change colours of the different tracklogs; seamless mapping whether you're on or offroad; built-in 5M camera; Birdseye option; Great for hiking, etc, etc

Just came back from a 8k central aus trip.... having the ability to upload other ppl's tracklogs and be able to view them as u drive along came in very handy when you're off the beaten track and where taking or making the right turn is VERY important..... I'm glad I had it otherwise we would have been lost or wasted some diesel in trying to work out what is the correct track.
Best part too was when I got home and downloaded to teh PC, I had all my Driving Times/averages; stop times; altitudes, etc all there which makes it great for planning future trips and knowing exactly how long different sections of tracks will actually take u to drive.....

Back on topic,i run a garmin 60 csx with bluchart,shonky, ozemap ,vic & some of NSW topo as well as a street map could be IGO all on 1 sd,.,use the Tomtom for street use.Bought another Tom tom in USA a few weeks ago [5 inch]was invaluable in navigating around US & Canada,had live traffic upate which worked great.Hugh

We do the exact same thing as you.
The 2 60cx's that we have are getting a little bit dated now compared to some other similar units we have seen. But ours is still going strong!
Best thing is, we don't get lost........to often.....

I use Ipad mini loaded with Mud Map2 held in view by a RAM Mount. Rate this app pretty highly.. used it on a recent 15 day trip down, in, around & out of the South West. No issues. It also lets you add campsites, campgrounds or caravan parks if there not on there. So it is an ever evolving navigation aid/camping app. I have added a few from this trip and previous adventures.

Nissan7K 2 Din GPS/DVD head unit

I just installed this unit purchased from isuperstore. It comes with iGo8 maps. Fits really neatly and has a lot of features. Very happy with it so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20140724_165056.jpg
    IMG_20140724_165056.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 102
Nissan 7k

I just installed this unit purchased from isuperstore. It comes with iGo8 maps. Fits really neatly and has a lot of features. Very happy with it so far.

I got the same last week, yet my unit doesn't save radio stations. The mic for Bluetooth phone calls don't work either. Other than that everything else works. I emailed the mob I got it from. They said "easy fix, swap red and yellow over."
It better work Cnut!

We do the exact same thing as you.
The 2 60cx's that we have are getting a little bit dated now compared to some other similar units we have seen. But ours is still going strong!
Best thing is, we don't get lost........to often.....

The newer units arnt any better just bigger screens.

I got the same last week, yet my unit doesn't save radio stations. The mic for Bluetooth phone calls don't work either. Other than that everything else works. I emailed the mob I got it from. They said "easy fix, swap red and yellow over."

It better work Cnut!

Did the fix work out? I had no issues with mine. But... They don't supply decent installation instructions... So it's very easy to miss wire some thing.
Cheers!

Did the fix work out? I had no issues with mine. But... They don't supply decent installation instructions... So it's very easy to miss wire some thing.
Cheers!

Yeah mate it worked. Now saves everything.
But just recently Bluetooth not connecting to I phone for hands free.
I like the gps though. Great maps.

Cheers bud.

iGo gps for my scary trips into the big smoke. It is an eBay special 2DIN unit with dvd, reverse camera and 7 inch screen.
for off road, I'm a bit partial to the old fashioned paper topo..

I use a Mio GPS. Pretty basic but I have never had a problem with it, I've had it for 5 years.

I used to use one of them. But it gets annoying on the Gold Coast and when doing interstate trips as my mio gps didn't allow for upgrades. I stopped using it 12 months after I bought it.
Now I use "I go" on the Nissan 7k I bought from eBay. Sooooo much better.

iGo gps for my scary trips into the big smoke. It is an eBay special 2DIN unit with dvd, reverse camera and 7 inch screen.
for off road, I'm a bit partial to the old fashioned paper topo..

Do you have a ebay link of the one you have?
I love my old fashioned paper maps, I have a full set to cover all of Aus I keep in the nav just incase ;)

I used to use one of them. But it gets annoying on the Gold Coast and when doing interstate trips as my mio gps didn't allow for upgrades. I stopped using it 12 months after I bought it.
Now I use "I go" on the Nissan 7k I bought from eBay. Sooooo much better.

Mine doesn't either, sometimes it gets a bit lost but eventually it gets me where I need to go :)

Last edited:
Do you have a ebay link of the one you have?
I love my old fashioned paper maps, I have a full set to cover all of Aus I keep in the nav just incase ;)

Mine doesn't either, sometimes it gets a bit lost but eventually it gets me where I need to go :)
I've got an ebay job in mine too. Have oziexplorer ce on an sd card with topo maps, I have a link somewhere on the computer that I can download maps for pretty much any area of the country you want at 3 different zoom levels. Then I have the satnav software that came on another sd card with the unit to use around town, etc. Can hot swap between them, I just need to make some name changes cause you have to change the directory when changing cards at the moment.

Works really well, although now they have a dab+ version too :/ which sucks, but oh well... mine is an eonon one

I've got an ebay job in mine too. Have oziexplorer ce on an sd card with topo maps, I have a link somewhere on the computer that I can download maps for pretty much any area of the country you want at 3 different zoom levels. Then I have the satnav software that came on another sd card with the unit to use around town, etc. Can hot swap between them, I just need to make some name changes cause you have to change the directory when changing cards at the moment.

Works really well, although now they have a dab+ version too :/ which sucks, but oh well... mine is an eonon one
Ahh right. Still tossing up on headunits. The only thing it must have is GPS. I nearly bought a pioneer one I think it was then found out it wasn't GPS as such, it mirrored the screen from your phone GPS. They were flogging it off as inbuilt bit deceiving.

Ahh right. Still tossing up on headunits. The only thing it must have is GPS. I nearly bought a pioneer one I think it was then found out it wasn't GPS as such, it mirrored the screen from your phone GPS. They were flogging it off as inbuilt bit deceiving.
Yeah, ok... bit dodgy.. nah these ones all have built in gps, works as well as any other gps unit...

Latest posts

Back