What All Terrain (not Muds) tyres are you running now or looking to buy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What AT tyres are you running now or going to buy next?

• Total voters

grasshopper

Reaction score
Alllllllllllllriiiighty then.

2nd time around is better. Let's try again.

What All Terrain tyres are you running now,
or intending to buy?

BF Goodrich AT
Bridgestone Dueler D697LT
Bridgestone Dueler D693
Cooper ST Maxx HD
Cooper ST
Cooper AT3
Dunlop Grandtrek AT3
Dunlop Road Gripper S
Firestone Destination
Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor
Goodyear Wrangler AT/SA
Goodyear Wrangler ATR
Goodyear Wrangler RTS
Kumho KL61
Maxxis MA-751
Maxxis AT-700
Maxxis AT-771
Michelin Latitude Cross
Michelin LTX A/T2
Michelin LTX MS
Mickey Thompson FC-II
Mickey Thompson 4 Rib
Sava RV
Yokohama GO12 AT
Dick Cepek Radial FC II

Last edited:
I bought a set of second had Cooper ST, pretty happy with them especially the increase of size over standard (265/75/16). Ill either buy 2 new ones and put em on the front, or im going to go for a set of the ST maxx. I really wanted a set of muddies, but realistically i wont need them.

I'm running KUMHO KL61's at a size of 265/75/16, can't fault them yet and I've had them up bush and on the beach but when I am up for new tyre's I'll most likely go maxis big horns in a 33"

Currently running MTZ's but next time around i'm going for the 4 ribs. I rarely see mud these days and the 4 ribs from all reports are more then capable off road.

Thanks Jason,
And it still appears that there are other makes and models missing... cannot please everyone - and i had two goes at it. Someone else can fix it if it is really required.

Our other vehicle - Pajero '96 NJ has Bridgestone D697s fitted. We got over 90 000 Ks from the set of Bridgestone D693s that were on it HUGE :) and they were not found wanting in our basic use of the Paj' around our property and country boggy roads. But the intention is to do more off-road work with the Paj' this set and a good deal of real camping... not at mass camp grounds if avoidable - after the engine re-build in 15 - 20 000 Ks time.

I went to the FarmFest final day on at Toowoomba today... the prices I was quoted for both Cooper ST Maxx (265/75/16) and Mickey Thompson 4 Rib in a 265/75/16 were from two different retailers = $340 each.
Curious to hear if others have paid anything near this price or more.
Thanks

You know that Mickey Thompson FCII and dick cepek FCII's are the same.
Except Mickey Thompson don't sell them anymore. I believe.

Ahha, there it is, the new thing i didn't know this morning :)
Curious then, why did you vote for the MT version? And not the version with RLI by Dick Cepek?

grasshopper said:
Ahha, there it is, the new thing i didn't know this morning :)
Curious then, why did you vote for the MT version? And not the version with RLI by Dick Cepek?

I bought mine of MT

i've had the Sava's on my gq for 3+ years now and put them through absolute hell, still heaps of tread left (35,000km) and they've been excellent on sand, rocks, they're ok in mud but most importantly very tough on the access roads up here, had heaps of mates with expensive brand name tyres get heaps of blow outs while i've only ever had flats from a nail through one.
My old man just upgraded the HT's on his 08 Triton to the BFG AT's and they made a massive different to it's performance off road, it's impressed me a fair bit, i'll hopefully be stepping into a D40 soon and plan on getting the BFG's from new.

Price on St Maxx

I went to the FarmFest final day on at Toowoomba today... the prices I was quoted for both Cooper ST Maxx (265/75/16) and Mickey Thompson 4 Rib in a 265/75/16 were from two different retailers = $340 each.
Thanks

I recently purchased a set 265/75-16 for my d22 @345 each from Kenwick Tyrepower perth WA includind fitting + balance, wheel alignment and tyre disposal

so far got 5K on them and can't fault them had them in sand a couple of times and even in super soft sections they dig through and not down with only a small tyre pressure change,

I replaced a set of BFG AT which were super slippery in the wet after 55K with 2 @ 10% tread and 2 @ 30% tread and huge amounts of tyre noise

Thanks

i paid $350 each for my st maxx,s in 265 75 16, that was august/ September last year,

Gt Radial Adventuro II..... on my rodeo, 70 thou and still goin... deff puttin them on my d22 after that performance

Kelly Safari TSR - $285 a corner (LT245 75 r16). Only done 600km so no feedback available.

Maxxis 771

paid 210 each fitted balanced wheel aligned. 265/70/16.

Done 10,000km. Extremely grippy in the wet, had no problems at all in the sand, and go ok in mud considering AT. Driven on heaps of dirt roads and no issues either.

Happy for the price.

Latest posts

Back