Wet passenger floor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigh

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2008 D22 Navara that gets slightly wet carpet on the passenger front floor when it rains, so put it in the drive today have it a good soaking with the hose and nothing, check it again and it was slightly wet, so my mind is thinking it’s pooling up somewhere then working it’s way in. Further investigation with head under the dash found it had dripped from the fan near the mounting screws, has any come across this before I start pulling stuff apart. Cheers Craig

Attachments

• 0E0EDFCE-0899-4DCE-B554-AE6F7183E671.jpeg
    0E0EDFCE-0899-4DCE-B554-AE6F7183E671.jpeg
    808.2 KB · Views: 21
The only thing that I can think of is water is entering the air intake in front of the windscreen and the normal drain is blocked. There should be a hose near the low point of the ducting (and near the cooling matrix) that runs out through the firewall. Check that this isn't blocked (mud wasps underneath?).

Your overflow pipe from the core is blocked. It sits inside the engine bay against the firewall. I used a cable tie to unblock mine. Just slide it in the pipe outlet and watch the condensate run out.
Will give that a go, thank you. Silly question where would the outlet normally sit, against the chassis somewhere ?

Your overflow pipe from the core is blocked. It sits inside the engine bay against the firewall. I used a cable tie to unblock mine. Just slide it in the pipe outlet and watch the condensate run out.
Cheers, will give that a go

Will give that a go, thank you. Silly question where would the outlet normally sit, against the chassis somewhere ?
On the firewall. It's a little elbow sticking out from the firewall on the passenger side. What it is, is an overflow pipe for the condensate from the air conditioner evaporator. Have you noticed a puddle of water under cars in summer?

While very likely, of course if you haven't used the a/c in a while it could be something else. My driver side used to get a little water in heavy rain and as old Tony mentioned, it was getting in the vents near the windscreen and somehow through a firewall grommet.

A panel beater mate has told me to use a cam and check the left hand gaurd drain erea of the scuttle... they seem to rust out behind the "air in port" in the scuttle that sits up about 3 inches to stop water running into the air box..

A panel beater mate has told me to use a cam and check the left hand gaurd drain erea of the scuttle... they seem to rust out behind the "air in port" in the scuttle that sits up about 3 inches to stop water running into the air box..
cheers mate, you put me on the right track, so it wasn’t rust, right above the air in port is a gromet that holds the plastic clip from the grill that sits around the wipers, this was no longer water tight, a bit of silicon and all sorted

cheers mate, you put me on the right track, so it wasn’t rust, right above the air in port is a gromet that holds the plastic clip from the grill that sits around the wipers, this was no longer water tight, a bit of silicon and all sorted
Well done, any chance of a picture mate! I'm betting that's my issue too.. just had mine apart AGAIN, with a cam, and its not rust either..

Well done, any chance of a picture mate! I'm betting that's my issue too.. just had mine apart AGAIN, with a cam, and its not rust either..
That’s one thing I didn’t do when it was all apart was take a pic I was to excited that I had found it, after you take the grill off on the passenger side from around the wiper, you will see direct above the air port is a plastic socket if you like, to catch the clip from the grill, mine looked all in tact the only way I found this was the next one along had a bit of rubber between the socket and the car where it sat in, the one in question didn’t have the rubber, when I pulled it out I could see the evidence that there was rubber there at some stage but not any more, but of sikaflex to make a new deal and all is good, hope this helps

That’s one thing I didn’t do when it was all apart was take a pic I was to excited that I had found it, after you take the grill off on the passenger side from around the wiper, you will see direct above the air port is a plastic socket if you like, to catch the clip from the grill, mine looked all in tact the only way I found this was the next one along had a bit of rubber between the socket and the car where it sat in, the one in question didn’t have the rubber, when I pulled it out I could see the evidence that there was rubber there at some stage but not any more, but of sikaflex to make a new deal and all is good, hope this helps
Well done! Good find my man.... Hopefully I can get the floor vinyl back in!

I'll get some pictures when I do mine 😉

Hi, I have literally come looking for this specific issue. Lots of rain this week. I will add one thing. I have a sloped driveway, with the nose up, the water gets in and pools in the mud mats. With the nose down - no water leaks in. I use a different version of English. What is a scuttle? Is this the grille air intake in front o the windscreen?, or the tray underneath that where water can collect before draining away.

Hi, I have literally come looking for this specific issue. Lots of rain this week. I will add one thing. I have a sloped driveway, with the nose up, the water gets in and pools in the mud mats. With the nose down - no water leaks in. I use a different version of English. What is a scuttle? Is this the grille air intake in front o the windscreen?, or the tray underneath that where water can collect before draining away.
He's referring to the tray area, or the plenum chamber (sometimes called). If you remove the grille underneath the wiper blades, you'll see the air intake port, and the suspect area behind it. Heavy rain tends to flood over the air port, especially if leaves or debris have blocked the drain hole which is towards the outside edge of this area. It's a good thing to remedy, because this water will rust out the bottom bearing of the fan. Then it burns out the fan resistor, due to the extra friction on the fan...

I have this problem myself. I have a photo here hopefully. Does it look like the problem area?
The mastic under the plastic cover over the hole had all dried out so it was probably leaking there too. I have sealed up both with new mastic so hopefully it sorts it out.
It's supposed to be pissing down tomorrow so I guess that will be the test
IMG_20220727_162956~2.jpg

Thanks for the help. I'm down with Covid right now so will check when I don't pass out having my head at the wrong angle (i.e. every angle except bolt upright)

Latest posts

Back