Water/ Methanol Injection + boost setting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading all of this post, I’m wondering why u don’t just go for a hydrogen generation unit set up. Economy and power is there. They work. A mate has one on his semi trailer. It’s the future of any compression (diesel) motor anyway. Just a thought.
HHO is completely junk. completely useless if not down right fraudulent.

they got popular when fuel prices first went right up but now they have almost disappeared. there is no shortage of utube clips debunking the crap.
the simple problem is efficiency stack up. it takes more power from the engine than you get back out from the hydrogen.

water/meth works well. well know, proven, and its been around for a very long time.
the other option is lpg fumigation but that is an expensive installation and riskier to use.

yes a lot cheaper and far more reliable.

two methods.
either just in the sidewall of the intake pipe as per usual,
or make a special mount that puts it right in front of the turbo compressor nut, facing the nut. the idea behind that is its the safest as the water hits the nut instead of the vanes.
the normal way works fine for small amounts (small nozzle) as long as nozzle is kept clean (don't use dirty water).

did you watch the duramax build series? now thats sweet as.
Ok great, they're still not cheap either! I'll post what I find..

Yeahhh I'll be giving that lots of thought, I'll grab a second hand turbo inlet and see what I can do... I don't know how long and big those nozzles are but the angle of the turbo inlet pipe maybe an issue, orrrr it may help... Going by a video I watched the spray pre turbo likes to be thrown to the side walk of the compressor wheel, it seems to seal and help compression.. With that, maybe back up the inlet pipe near the air box??. I'll have to see these nozzles first...
You don't have any pics or vids on that type of mount set-up do you?
Regarding water, was thinking Cole's spring water or filter my own tank water??? Thoughts!
Now the meth part, what are you doing for that?

Duramax huh...Nooooo, not yet! ;) b.r.b lol

After reading all of this post, I’m wondering why u don’t just go for a hydrogen generation unit set up. Economy and power is there. They work. A mate has one on his semi trailer. It’s the future of any compression (diesel) motor anyway. Just a thought.
Lol, I'm struggling to work out the water and meth system, one thing at a time bloke ;)

Never heard of it! I'll take looksee, cheers.

Well I looked that up quickly and it deserves a bit more research overnight. The HHO system I looked at for $300 US looks like a decent investment. Not sure about the pro tuner module for the zd30, not sure if it runs through OBD2. Again more research required 🤔
Please do, the more help the better...

HHO is completely junk. completely useless if not down right fraudulent.

they got popular when fuel prices first went right up but now they have almost disappeared. there is no shortage of utube clips debunking the crap.
the simple problem is efficiency stack up. it takes more power from the engine than you get back out from the hydrogen.

water/meth works well. well know, proven, and its been around for a very long time.
the other option is lpg fumigation but that is an expensive installation and riskier to use.

The problem is energy density. Hydrogen is hard to make dense enough to be useful as a fuel. It's an issue they're dealing with in rocket engines, with the current leaders in the tech using methane instead of hydrogen.

The problem is energy density. Hydrogen is hard to make dense enough to be useful as a fuel. It's an issue they're dealing with in rocket engines, with the current leaders in the tech using methane instead of hydrogen.
From what I read it is not meant to be a fuel as such but a combustion enhancer. A hydrogen flame front moves so fast as to allow much more complete and efficient combustion.
As Tweake said there is a fair bit on YouTube apparently that debunks it a bit so I will check some of that stuff out too.
There is some recent stuff about a South Australian mob that have released a unit but it is large and for busses and trucks.
As a motive fuel hydrogen is far better suited to be used in a fuel cell for electric drives

for bottled hydrogen to run hydrogen cars, yes thats an issue.

HHO is a different ballgame. your burning diesel to make electricity, to make hydrogen (and oxygen), which makes the diesel burn better (like adding lpg).
but an engine is only 30% efficient, the alternator is never 100% efficient, hydrolysis is very inefficient. it all adds up to using a lot of energy to increase the energy output a small amount.
if you used bottled hydrogen it would work, but making your own uses more energy than you can get back out of it.
most of the claims of success usually involves tweaking the cars engine by other means, or that its so horribly out of tune that there is a lot of room for improvement (burning the hydrogen makes for a huge improvement not normally seen on engines in good condition).

Ok great, they're still not cheap either! I'll post what I find..

Yeahhh I'll be giving that lots of thought, I'll grab a second hand turbo inlet and see what I can do... I don't know how long and big those nozzles are but the angle of the turbo inlet pipe maybe an issue, orrrr it may help... Going by a video I watched the spray pre turbo likes to be thrown to the side walk of the compressor wheel, it seems to seal and help compression.. With that, maybe back up the inlet pipe near the air box??. I'll have to see these nozzles first...
You don't have any pics or vids on that type of mount set-up do you?
Regarding water, was thinking Cole's spring water or filter my own tank water??? Thoughts!
Now the meth part, what are you doing for that?

Duramax huh...Nooooo, not yet! ;) b.r.b lol
with pre turbo mounted on the tube it has to be close to the turbo and fitted so the stream never touches inside of the pipe. so it must be very close to the turbo. if you mount it up by the air box, the water will hit the walls and run down the pipe. that water will then smash into the turbo blades and it eats them.
by mem they usually mount them right in front of the turbo. on a curved inlet i would put it on the inside of the curve.

the water will not be thrown to the side wall of the turbo. to do that needs to have large amounts of water and high risk of killing the turbo. normally its small amounts of water which evaporate in the compressor.

i'll have to check if i have any pics of the pre turbo setups. i know a few who did do it. mine is all after turbo.

meth, just buy it where ever you can. got any mates who are car racing drivers/owners? meth is used to fuel some race cars.
or you can brew your own ethanol, run it through a still.

Latest posts

Back