Water logged D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxzia

Reaction score
Gday, so i fucked up... big time. Hit a bog hole i'd hit before without checking the depth after a heavy rain fall. Cab got completely soaked. Water was covering my seats.Water in my fuel, but luckily engine isn't hydrolocked. There's no rod knock in the engine or anything so that's a bonus. I'm purging the tank tonight as i'm going to assume that's why it'll only run for 5 minutes then splutter and die. I've also got a electrical short somewhere that's causing the glow plug and engine light it to flick on and off instantly when key is turned to the second click. It only does it occasionally. There's a weird ticking sound coming from around the battery and engine fuse box area. i've checked all my cab fuses and none are blown. I don't know what could be shorting out. I can wrap my head around mechanical problems... but electrical are beyond me. My next question is how do i test that the ecu hasn't been damaged and is still running as it should? It's a 2006 Japenese Built D22 with a ZD30 in it. Cheers for the help. 38C891E0-186A-4465-A98A-B6DE062ECF23.jpeg

Attachments

• AA4C6B11-0B12-4D78-BCE6-496A2E703A26.jpeg
    AA4C6B11-0B12-4D78-BCE6-496A2E703A26.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 45
Hi Mate, I know exactly what you're feeling right now...

Got my ZD30 stuck in a boghole last june. Engine ran irregular afterwards and died after another 20km. No water in the diesel though.

Problem was that the ECU (which is in the cab, below the ashtrays) got soaked too, and contaminated with conductive mud.

After carefully cleaning the ECU with tap water and a paintbrush, rinsing it a few times with distilled water and drying in the oven at 60 degrees for one hour it ran fine again.
Drove her up the coast to exmouth and back since, without any issues.

Your weird clicking and irregular glowplug light can be caused by the ECU getting confused.

The check enige light also lights when the fuel filter is full of water. Drain it.

20210616_144359.jpg
20210618_110751.jpg
20210618_115826.jpg
20210618_122916.jpg

Cheers mate, makes me feel better that i'm not the only one. I'll pull the ECU tonight and give it a clean.

Bloody hell, it doesnt need to be too deep to do some serious damage to the navaras... Good thing to know i guess

Latest posts

Back