Water leaks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chamo

Reaction score
have people had a problem with water leaking thru the heater onto the passenger floor in a heavy down poor.?

If it's happening during a downpour, I'd suspect something leaking around the windscreen. Use a garden hose to spot it, you might need to replace the windscreen.

If it's while driving, then perhaps there's a passage through the firewall that's not completely sealed (like when extra wiring is run through and then not sealed up with silicone). It would be worth adding a little Sikaflex to the area around where those wires enter the cabin.

If it's just happening because the air conditioning is running (and doesn't happen if the aircon is off), then there might be two possibilities - smell the fluid to know which one it is. If it smells like coolant, you might have a leaking heater matrix which will need to be replaced. If it's just water, check the hose that is supposed to pass through the firewall to let the water out of the air path. Some Navaras went out from the factory with this hose a little short, with the result being the aircon would leak water (and more when it's humid = raining) into the front footwells.

If it's happening during a downpour, I'd suspect something leaking around the windscreen. Use a garden hose to spot it, you might need to replace the windscreen.

If it's while driving, then perhaps there's a passage through the firewall that's not completely sealed (like when extra wiring is run through and then not sealed up with silicone). It would be worth adding a little Sikaflex to the area around where those wires enter the cabin.

If it's just happening because the air conditioning is running (and doesn't happen if the aircon is off), then there might be two possibilities - smell the fluid to know which one it is. If it smells like coolant, you might have a leaking heater matrix which will need to be replaced. If it's just water, check the hose that is supposed to pass through the firewall to let the water out of the air path. Some Navaras went out from the factory with this hose a little short, with the result being the aircon would leak water (and more when it's humid = raining) into the front footwells.

Cheers mate but Obriens have checked the screen and it is not leaking. There is no wires going thru the firewall. Obriens said that it is common to leak around the heater box in down pour like we have had.
So I was asking if anyone else have this and what they did to fix it.
It has only done it in this bad whether that we have just had.
I brought the car new in 2013 and havent had it happen before.

Howdy bloke, remove the scuttle panel and clear the drain holes in the other plastic collector panel that goes round the air inlet for the heater air con box...

You can remove that panel also and clean the drain hole that goes to the gaurd..thats for the d22... nothing worse than a cab leak... I've just been trough the same thing!

Have you got roof bars? If so, worth checking the tiny drain holes in the feet as they often get blocked.
Similar with the sun roof, it has a drain pipe that can get dislodged. ( I never understood the point of sunroofs!)

While you are at it, make sure the AC condensation drain is running properly. Found mine was leaking back into the cab, and not outside. It is poorly designed.

Back