Water cooled intercooler on 3.0L zd30?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaro Wolf

Reaction score
So i have my self a 2003 Nissan navara 3l di d22 with a zd30 motor that has a water cooled intercooler from factory?? Maybe??, but cant find anything on it like parts cause the pump for it isent working i searched up and down to no information on it or parts got me stumped

Attachments

• pump.PNG
    pump.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • Cooler.PNG
    Cooler.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
  • Intercooler.PNG
    Intercooler.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Definitely not from the factory like that. That's an aftermarket w2a intercooler setup. There are likely a few brands available but I'm not an expert on them as I only have a regular top mount IC. One of the aftermarket companies would be best to hit up for a replacement waterpump

So i have my self a 2003 Nissan navara 3l di d22 with a zd30 motor that has a water cooled intercooler from factory?? Maybe??, but cant find anything on it like parts cause the pump for it isent working i searched up and down to no information on it or parts got me stumped
its all after market and done poorly.
if your having to fix it might pay to fix all the issues while your at it.

can you do some wider pics so i can see where everything sits ?

Definitely not from the factory like that. That's an aftermarket w2a intercooler setup. There are likely a few brands available but I'm not an expert on them as I only have a regular top mount IC. One of the aftermarket companies would be best to hit up for a replacement waterpump
ill have to have a look around see if i can find a place to get me a new pump

couple of basic things.
the cap on the intercooler radiator is lower rated than the main one at the back of the engine bay. just check if it opens water can't go anywhere. it really should have a blanking plate there as its not meant to be used. i can't tell if it has an overflow bottle fitted.
the main cap at the back of the engine bay is down to low. that should be the high point. the bonnet should be hitting it. having it low risks trapping air in the IC.
those IC's are difficult to get all the air out at the best of times.
the pump should be the low point. it wants to be under the radiator or along side the bottom outlet of the radiator. it should also be pumping to the high point (the cap at the back) not to the IC.
so water circuit should be pump (low point) to cap (high point), down to IC, down to radiator, down to pump.

i can't see how big the IC radiator is. one of the big issues with those kits is they are meant for petrol's and typically come with small radiators. with diesels you need the biggest radiator you can possibly fit. i know its tight space in there so you may have the biggest you can practically fit.

the pump its self doesnt work i asume it doesnt leak anywhere ether im not the one that set it up came like it

couple of basic things.
the cap on the intercooler radiator is lower rated than the main one at the back of the engine bay. just check if it opens water can't go anywhere. it really should have a blanking plate there as its not meant to be used. i can't tell if it has an overflow bottle fitted.
the main cap at the back of the engine bay is down to low. that should be the high point. the bonnet should be hitting it. having it low risks trapping air in the IC.
those IC's are difficult to get all the air out at the best of times.
the pump should be the low point. it wants to be under the radiator or along side the bottom outlet of the radiator. it should also be pumping to the high point (the cap at the back) not to the IC.
so water circuit should be pump (low point) to cap (high point), down to IC, down to radiator, down to pump.

i can't see how big the IC radiator is. one of the big issues with those kits is they are meant for petrol's and typically come with small radiators. with diesels you need the biggest radiator you can possibly fit. i know its tight space in there so you may have the biggest you can practically fit.
the pump its self doesnt work i asume it doesnt leak anywhere ether im not the one that set it up came like it also the rad is like a 30-40cm X 30-40cm and about 1 and a half 2 inch thick

im not the one that set it up came like it also the rad is like a 30-40cm X 30-40cm and about 1 and a half 2 inch thick
don't ya just love fixing other peoples mistakes :p
when you fix the pump you can fit in a better spot and sort the plumbing out. that should improve the ic's performance.

Latest posts

Back