Warning message every time you start car, sh$ts me!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Hey All,
First post on here for about 8 years, finally back in a Nav in the form of a D23 ST.
Just had the 1000km service and Nissan have said there is no fix.. so thought I’d throw it out to the brains trust..
Every time you start the car you get a warning message on the touch screen that you have to click ok to get rid of. I find it really annoying, and the irony is it is about being distracted when you drive.. and it always distracts me!
Anyone know what I’m talking about and been able to fix it?
To be honest in the current state of the world it really is a minor issue!
Cheers

Every time you start the car you get a warning message on the touch screen that you have to click ok to get rid of. I find it really annoying, and the irony is it is
Cheers
what does the error message say?
i only have base model with no touch screen.

Hey guys, yeah it’s the standard message, something like using this system while driving blah blah.
And no it doesn’t go away until you press OK, which probably shouldn’t annoy me as much as it does!

That's the navigation software, happens in aftermarket head units too, and not just Navaras. It's a legal statement to protect the manufacturers/suppliers so that if you have an accident while trying to figure out what the screen is saying, they're protected.

I wished it would go away too - and mine has.

I replaced my head unit with an Android unit and replaced the supplied navigation software (based on iGo, but ported by Russians) with OSMAnd+ which isn't bad.

Latest posts

Back