warning: add a leaf

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
the other week we had one of the utes develop an intermittent high pitched rattle.
eventually found loose ubolts on the rear springs. (btw the nuts where bloody tight, i was struggling to even move them even when the u bolt was loose.)
this one had extra leaf added to the springs about 5 years ago. they had reused the original u bolts, which where long enough.
mechanic spoke to a spring place and they recommended upgrading to 12mm u bolts. they custom made some which are also longer.

now 2 weeks later, after fixing the water leak in mine, my ute has decided to do the same damn thing. after 10 years after extra leaf was fitted one lot has come loose :pissedoff:

for those adding an extra leaf or fitting new spring pack, it pays to change the u bolts and fit bigger ones.

use bigger ones for the navara.
actually i just looked and ironman u bolts for the D22 are 12mm up from the stock 10mm diameter. good to know.

Thanks for the heads up. Will be under mine with the vernier callipers to check what ive got. Replaced a set of OME leaves with heavier ones recently and used the same u bolts. Ute sees regular over-loading. Will probably replace them now.

Thanks for the heads up. Will be under mine with the vernier callipers to check what ive got. Replaced a set of OME leaves with heavier ones recently and used the same u bolts. Ute sees regular over-loading. Will probably replace them now.

A very sound plan mate
Not worth the risk hey

Inused Toyota ones, fitted and are bigger diameter, you need to drill the plate holes though...

Latest posts

Back