Venting crank case to atmosphere. Has anyone done it?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fnoke

Reaction score
I currently have a catch can on my d22, 2.5 litre navara however I don’t find it that effective.

Has anyone made a breather to atmosphere? I was thinking putting the breather to the catch can but then venting it to atmosphere instead and blocking the crankcase inlet to the turbo. I have heard of people running the breather to chassi.

I don’t need reminder that I will put oil everywhere and that it’s not up to emission standards, I was mainly curious if anyone had done this.

I don’t know if will mess up some type of vacuum pressure or the like.

i have that on the hilux as its has a fair bit of blowby. it won't screw anything up. make sure you cap the hole left in the intake.

i have that on the hilux as its has a fair bit of blowby. it won't screw anything up. make sure you cap the hole left in the intake.
Thanks for the reply, I didn’t think it would screw anything up but figured I’d check if someone has done this before just in case.
Even with a catch can it seem to push trough a lot of oil anyway.

I will give it a go, did you run yours to the chassi ?

Motorcyclists won't thank you. One of the reasons that bikes had to stop in a wheel track at traffic lights is because car crankcases were vented to atmosphere and the oil would settle under the middle of the car (this is apart from British cars which ordinarily leak oil when they're healthy - if there's no oil under them, there's no oil in them).

Remember you're also dumping exhaust into your engine bay (forward of your cabin).

Motorcyclists won't thank you. One of the reasons that bikes had to stop in a wheel track at traffic lights is because car crankcases were vented to atmosphere and the oil would settle under the middle of the car (this is apart from British cars which ordinarily leak oil when they're healthy - if there's no oil under them, there's no oil in them).

Remember you're also dumping exhaust into your engine bay (forward of your cabin).
True, I didn’t think of that. I was hoping having it still going trough the catch can that it wouldn’t be heaps of oil but it’s a valid point.

My thought was to run it towards the back into the chassi rail so exhaust would be vented backwards.

Most trucks up here still have vent straight to atmosphere hence why I was thinking about it.

Latest posts

Back