Vectron battery isolator 120 amp

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nig

Reaction score
Hi ppl. Any one know if these vectron units are suitable for 4x4 use carnt get imfo on them only for boat aplication. Looking to replace a Faged out 15yo Red Arc unit, Any other recomendations on other not too expensive products, only needs to power one extra battery. Cheers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210911-195507.png
    Screenshot_20210911-195507.png
    268 KB · Views: 12
Victron have a good name in the industry. I have one of their solar charge controllers in my caravan and can't fault it. We've had our caravan on some unsealed roads (corrugated) and the unit still performs flawlessly. It's one piece of equipment that I don't have to keep worrying about.

If you're concerned about vibration/knocks, what about using some rubber grommets under the mounts?

Vectron id a great probuct, i have Vectron all over our Motorhome, the isolator im looking at is for Boat, im thinking of putting another Red Ark in it will last another 15 years i reckon. Thanks.

I can't comment on the Vicron product, other than to agree that they have a good reputation, but I use this one from ABR-Sidewinder. There are a lot of decent dual battery controllers on the market but the thing that appeals to me the most about the ABR unit is the jump-start facility. I have a pair of deep cycle batteries under the rear tray and it's impossible to get to their terminals while the tray deck is screwed down. I have a switch on the dash that allows me to engage the jump-start facility of the controller. This proved especially useful when the cranking battery became end-of-life and wouldn't start the car any longer. Just flick the switch, start the engine and head down to the battery shop.

I can't comment on the Vicron product, other than to agree that they have a good reputation, but I use this one from ABR-Sidewinder. There are a lot of decent dual battery controllers on the market but the thing that appeals to me the most about the ABR unit is the jump-start facility. I have a pair of deep cycle batteries under the rear tray and it's impossible to get to their terminals while the tray deck is screwed down. I have a switch on the dash that allows me to engage the jump-start facility of the controller. This proved especially useful when the cranking battery became end-of-life and wouldn't start the car any longer. Just flick the switch, start the engine and head down to the battery shop.
Al lot of the decent iso's now days have the jump start feature
I've been running the red arc iso for years now & have taken it from car to car traveled all around NSW & down to Tassie with out a problem I got it off eBay years ago I thi K it was $65-$70 new

Yes bro i did consider one of those, they have all the gear.

^ps. I think what makes them expensive (apart from the name) is that they are an old fashioned relay with a set of contacts. Whereas the cheaper ones seem to be entirely solid state.

Latest posts

Back