Vacuum/boost lines going to sensor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alxmcd

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I broke these two connections for some type of sensor on the front of the sensor. Can anyone identify what the part is? Also if I am missing one?

I just tried my best to place them back there and used some electrical tape. Hasn't appeared to be an issue. But that's only speeds below 60km/h.

Please see pictures.
20211207_112238.jpg

Last edited:
It looks a bit different to my D40 YD25 engine. What model is this from? I assume the part you're referring to is the small black unit with the hose coming out one end bolted to the top of the front of the motor with two holes visible in the first photo?

Hey, it's a late 2010 VSK. 140KW. Yes the lines broke off when I was tightening EGR. Hand smashed into it. I could probably super glue it. But if the part/sensor is not ridiculously expensive then I will replace it.

Ok, I'm done searching my manual for that part, it's just not in there. The two pipes that broke off, what did they connect to? Super-gluing the part might work, but let's try and identify what it is first.

Yours looks like a manual (the EGR tube doesn't have a cooler like my auto does) so there are some small differences under my bonnet anyway.

They connected to two other vacuum lines. I will try to super glue them back. Any suggestions as to a good super glue to use?

I'll get some better pics soon. Car seems to drive ok. Haven't done over 70. And a hit between 50 to 60 showed max boost of 18. So seems ok? But id rather it fixed. 4hr+ drives in western NSW for summer.

I wouldn't just use ordinary "super glue", it's cyanoacrylate which is brittle once it dries. A good epoxy-based adhesive would provide more longevity to the repair. I've sometimes (where strength and never worrying about it again was important) used West Systems Fibreglass Resin with shredded carbon fibre filaments added to it (I bought a wad of the stuff year ago from a fibreglass supplier). Takes about 24 hours to dry properly, but it never breaks or comes apart (it can be damaged through over-bending or impacts).

It might be sufficient to use superglue to hold it in position, use some wire to wrap around the parts to give them strength, then put some 30-minute Araldite around it all to hold it together forever.

Hey,
I hate to point out the obvious here, but there is a part number plastered under the dirt that can be used to find a replacement.

Ok so got a pic and part number. Looks to be a generic 'Vacuum switch valve's or called a 'purge solenoid'.

See pics below and an eBay listing.

Anyone have one they don't need?

Attachments

• 20211212_102318.jpg
    20211212_102318.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20211212_102352.jpg
    20211212_102352.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20211212-103156_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20211212-103156_eBay.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 15
i asked because i have one sat in the garage.. ill dig it out if you'd like and send you a picture

Called the local Nissan. Even they struggled to find it. Sent the guy pictures. The exact part number is 14956 - 38U1A. But at least he was helpful.

Latest posts

Back