V9X mid muffler removal?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomAu

Reaction score
Been a while now, but maybe someone has removed the mid muffler on the 550. What were the results? Worthwhile.

My 550 is now at 150,000 km and just had my second EGR failure. Not happy. Otherwise the 550 has been very nice and fun to drive.
Regards
Tom

The mid muffler on the 550 is a 2nd catalytic converter. Haven't removed it but was thinking of it.EGR failure happens, had one replaced under warranty.There not cheap and a pig of a job to change. To stop it happening again I installed egr mod which is a patch cable that connects to the MAF sensor.There available on Ebay $130.00. Just plugs in very easy. I did it about 25,000Kms ago no problems no check engine lights. Do it before you have more egr problems not after.

I'm another happy driver of the St-X with a V9X.
I haven't heard about the Patch Cable you guys are talking about.
What actually is done by installing this cable.
Is the EGR valve bypassed to trick the ECU that even if the EGR
fails the ECU doesn't know about it?
Or is it something else.
Philip.

Just some notes. My EGR failed at 150,000km. It was replaced with an aftermarket kit. Nissan wanted $980, another mob about $800 and got my from NavaraParts in Lilydale for $425. The Navara has travelled about 1000km and all is good.

The first EGR failure was at about 30,000km. Only indication was the engine fault light on the dash. Covered under Warranty.
The second failure sent the Navara into limp mode and before it completely failed the car would not accelerate at all.

Regards, Tom

Hi The EGR doesn't work when engine is cold at idle or full throttle . What the patch cable does is make the ecu think it is too cold for egr operation. It is a resistor in series with a PTC in the MAF unit, I measured it and its a 4.7k ohm. I think I got a slight increase in fuel economy to. They give you instructions with the kit.I know someone else who has installed 1 before me and they haven't had any problems.

Latest posts

Back