V9X Main Seal Oil Leakness

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radinho

Reaction score
Hi, probably I have problem with oil leakness from rear main seal - transmission side. From what I search and ask, it seems that it is impossible to get this seal in Europe or maybe I search for wrong part. I mean 1227900Q0B Nissan/7701478231 Renault part. Has anybody ever changed it or maybe I'm looking for wrong part and I don't need the all plate with seal and it is posibility to change only round seal what is the part of this plate? Thank you in advance for help :)

EDIT: I forget: V9X 3.0 diesel, not Navara but in Renault, it's probably not important in this case

Last edited:
I've looked through the online catalogs of several of our local suppliers (here in Australia) and I can't find it either.

I would suggest calling a dealer and asking them to get you an official part number and a price for the part. I can't find any reference to the numbers you've provided. That will give you a better starting point, most sellers on eBay have a "genuine replacement part number" in their listing so you'll be able to match it up that way - as well as seeing how expensive it's going to be!

Renault dealer said me that they don't have this part here and in each country where he could check, and it is probably not available anymore. Probably I have to learn Russian and look for it on Russian sites. So today I will try to call to Nissan dealer to ask about the part.

Are you sure about your leak? Is your engine dismantled? Your part No is correct regarding the main rear oil seal BUT I believe you don't have to change the whole plate just the oil seal. Nissan has a different part No for this seal. Nissan 12279-AD200.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211104-171303_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211104-171303_Chrome.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 27
It's on car yet, but me and few mechanics don't see any greasy and dirty places above a gearbox, and I changed transmission oil so it's the most likely place for leak. I want to check availability of parts before repair and your response is very helpful, I didn't know about this inner seal.

If I understand correct,you don't know exactly where is your leak come from. You think its from the rear seal or you re sure its the rear seal. An oil leak can be tricky, you can be confused. Normally you must wash the engine and the mechanical parts,observe and detect the leak... then if you're 100% sure about the leak order the spare part.

Yes, you understand correct. In some shops I have possibility to give back unused parts, and as you see it's good that I try to find this part earlier because for about week I get info that it isn't available. I'm not into replacing good condition parts, I only want to be ready for this case. Few mechanics said that it is for sure this seal (after washing all engine about one week before visiting them), but I know that to be 100% sure I need to remove gearbox.

Seal 12279-AD200 doesn't seem to be a part of 1227900Q0B, so are you sure that it is? I was looking for this seal and I didn't see anywhere that it fits to V9X :/

Last edited:
If you see the blueprints of the navara you will see that this seal is a part of the metal plate you re looking for. I will send you some pic..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-003508_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-003508_Chrome.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20211105-003434_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-003434_Chrome.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20211105-003344_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-003344_Chrome.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 17
Is this your engine?

Attachments

• file1-1.jpeg
    file1-1.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 24
  • file2-1.jpeg
    file2-1.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 24
In Catcar if you choose engine type as V9X you don't get this 12279-AD200 record, but you can send me the direct link, because it's so many Navaras version there and I don't know what to choose there. What I find YD25DDTI in Navara has 12279-AD200 seal, but on pictures from web I see that there is the seal housing too. Same seal number is in VQ37 engine, and there isn't any housing so it's little confusing that sometimes it's seal without housing, sometimes with housing, and sometimes is plate without posibility to change only seal, but as you said, we will see when mechanic would start his job, and maybe it isn't leakness from there, I hope so...

Probably I have the same engine as on your photos, but I saw it under the hood so I cannot be 100% sure.
1636050421116.png
1636050989898.png

Hi,this is a gasket kit for the V9X engine. There are two seals for the crankshaft, the metal plate and the common oil seal. I hope you find your leak quickly and spend as less money as possible...:)

I forgot to attach the photo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-144502_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-144502_Chrome.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Back