V9X Engine Failure??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Adhaul guess Your still at it ..?
hope it’s all going well :)
Well there’s never a simple answer, firstly yes - due to an oil leak when installing the timing cover, should’ve been more careful. However the starting issue is resolved and it came down to the “condom” Cap on the primer connector, I was priming, but before attempting to start removing the primer but not fitting the condom back on this allows air straight back in - attention to the detail, oh and if you need one there are none in Australian Nissan network

A few lessons learned - 1. slow down and pay attention to the small details 2. problems are always solvable, depends on how much we're prepared to invest 3. The little "pollution" that all this "EGR recirculating stuff" supposedly saves, is more than outweighed by the cost ($ and pollution) of manufacturing all the stuff to control the so called pollution, and it would make the whole drive line so much simpler, cheaper & reliable. Afterall most of us are finding various ways to delete the system anyway.

A few lessons learned - 1. slow down and pay attention to the small details 2. problems are always solvable, depends on how much we're prepared to invest 3. The little "pollution" that all this "EGR recirculating stuff" supposedly saves, is more than outweighed by the cost ($ and pollution) of manufacturing all the stuff to control the so called pollution, and it would make the whole drive line so much simpler, cheaper & reliable. Afterall most of us are finding various ways to delete the system anyway.

And because it makes the engine less efficient, you use more fuel, which encourages the dinosaur-juice companies to continue digging into the ground for more engine liquid refreshments.

On a technical note, it's supposed to reduce the formation of oxides of nitrogen by lowering the combustion temperature (by replacing oxygen with carbon dioxide in the air mix inside the cylinder). The thing is, this EGR system only operates in mid-range throttle applications, which don't see the kind of temperatures that produce NOx anyway, that usually happens at high or full throttle and at full throttle, EGR is turned off. It's also off at idle, although if your engine produced NOx at idle there's something quite wrong inside.

And because it makes the engine less efficient, you use more fuel, which encourages the dinosaur-juice companies to continue digging into the ground for more engine liquid refreshments.

On a technical note, it's supposed to reduce the formation of oxides of nitrogen by lowering the combustion temperature (by replacing oxygen with carbon dioxide in the air mix inside the cylinder). The thing is, this EGR system only operates in mid-range throttle applications, which don't see the kind of temperatures that produce NOx anyway, that usually happens at high or full throttle and at full throttle, EGR is turned off. It's also off at idle, although if your engine produced NOx at idle there's something quite wrong inside.
But Canada has solved the problem apparently they are banning new combustion engines from 2050

But Canada has solved the problem apparently they are banning new combustion engines from 2050

Australia will follow, but our political leaders will allow the fuel companies bend us over for a few more years before they'll bring it into law.

Personally I can't wait. I have a cordless (electric) whipper snipper and lawn mower already, they never miss a beat - ever. Can't say the same for the petrol ones, despite being made by Honda, they are sometimes reluctant to start and require some warm-up before use. Admittedly they are more powerful but that's also a matter of time.

It's going to be real interesting watching on the sidelines, rare earth miners are going to make a killing, and as technology is changing so fast many will go broke chasing the elusive new metal with all the answers. China's already stitched up most of the African territories. I can't see it in my lifetime but who knows, hydrogen was supposed to be the big thing (SA Labor is on that bandwagon) but the energy it requires to manufacture is extremely high, making it uneconomical at this point in time. Still once batteries take over (if they ever do) cars & trucks will be very boring.

China's already stitched up most of the African territories.
They also have plans to mine asteroids which they will start implementing this decade, and if successful will be massive re rare earth elements. While we are supposed to be entertained with a few self obsessed knucklhead billionaires going on joy flights lol.

They also have plans to mine asteroids which they will start implementing this decade, and if successful will be massive re rare earth elements. While we are supposed to be entertained with a few self obsessed knucklhead billionaires going on joy flights lol.

In fairness, one of the billionaires (Branson) that has gone for a joy ride was trialling a system that will be used to ferry passengers quickly across the earth. Bezos is trying for orbital insertions as well but will need a different craft for it, and the other contender - SpaceX - doesn't seem to give a shit about either of these guys messing about in suborbital craft, they already launch orbital craft (and land the boosters for re-use) and they're building a craft to take mankind not only back to the moon, but to Mars.

But further discussion about this sort of thing probably belongs in its own thread, away from @Adhaul 's success of getting his V9X going again.

My friends Tesla dose 0 to 100 in 3.9 seconds nothing boring about that :) ... and we have electric car tax so no one misses out :)
Hey Cowboy550 I also have a friend who has a Tesla S was looking at after Old.Tony's comments and wow am I impressed check the 4500kg towing 'truck' out coming later this year can order one with $150 deposit:redcool: Sometimes it pays to actually have some knowledge :D

Last edited:
Bezos is trying for orbital insertions as well but will need a different craft for it, and the other contender - SpaceX - doesn't seem to give a shit about either of these guys messing about in suborbital craft, they already launch orbital craft (and land the boosters for re-use) and they're building a craft to take mankind not only back to the moon, but to Mars.

But further discussion about this sort of thing probably belongs in its own thread, away from @Adhaul 's success of getting his V9X going again.
So he's not staying with the "c-ck rocket"? Shame that lol.

That other fella is a something of an overhyped charlatan IMO and if various rorts like the "carbon credits" scheme (that he sells his cars at a loss for) were stopped and we sorted this planet out, he might have trouble selling his living on Mars nonsense.

Beyond all the hype not really seeing any great advances in space travel from these people (that in the end taxpayers really pay for anyway). The big advances might happen in the next decade or two when the Chinese decide to go for it. Will be another area they leave the west behind in. Once again, only IMO.

Back to the V9X engine issue one thing I've experienced is that you need to remove the OB2 connector (I'm using a MaxiAP AP200M Autel excellent product) after clearing and before checking for new codes. My experience was a whole lot of 'new' codes arrived when I left the bluetooth adapter in place, in fact it created a whole spectrum of issues ie: no cruise control, EGR faults etc: as soon as the codes were cleared, I removed the tool, and have had no trouble since. Run it for 150km so far and it's magic!!

You should hopefully have an email to access to GDrive with the manual for engine. I have all the manuals for everything else too but takes ages to upload.

Like wise, should anyone else need to have a look at the manuals just ping me a note and I'll try and get them uploaded to view.
Hi supermike may I please have a copy of link to manual also. Thanks chris

Just found this thread.
Wow. Much respect for the perseverance.

Got me wondering if our V9X actually has a spun bearing (and not a broken crank)... because the symptoms & noises we have are very similar.
And our ECU is chipped too :oops:

Latest posts

Back