V9X catch cans....... again

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheddie

Reaction score
I've recently read that installing a catch can to a V9X isn't such a hot idea as it can cause a back pressure in the crankcase which in turn causes the rear seal to dislodge slightly and leak. Has anyone ever heard such a thing and /or has it ever happened to anyone?
Thanks very much in advance for your words of wisdom :)

Ive got one on mine, no issues.
Its a provent 200. Driver side in picture.
I empty it about every 1k, has about 40-50ml oil each time.

Attachments

• 20221130_161701.jpg
    20221130_161701.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Awesome, thanks mate..... It's currently in the stealership having the EGR replaced under warranty..... and yes, they're pulling the engine out to do it !!! $3k's worth 🤷‍♂️

I have one on mine I don’t see how it can increase crankcase pressure more than it already was previous as it’s just an inline seperator . I had a diesel fuel injection shop try telling me the same thing but makes no sense it’s the engine rings and blow by that depict how much pressure is in crankcase it’s still hooked into the exact same spots as the factory setup and doesn’t have any valves or restrictions that would increase pressure . I have had mine on for 100,0000ks and no rear main leaks or oil leaks at all .

I have one on mine I don’t see how it can increase crankcase pressure more than it already was previous as it’s just an inline seperator . I had a diesel fuel injection shop try telling me the same thing but makes no sense it’s the engine rings and blow by that depict how much pressure is in crankcase it’s still hooked into the exact same spots as the factory setup and doesn’t have any valves or restrictions that would increase pressure . I have had mine on for 100,0000ks and no rear main leaks or oil leaks at all .
Thanks Jamie, perhaps its an old wives' tale. Just strange that a fuel injection shop says the same thing.

Cheers anyway.

Hi, I misunderstood something.
I I follow the inlet and outlet of your catch can. Then the outlet seems to go to the EGR ?!??? And the inlet comes from where?

It´s totally different to the plumbing in the thread „

V9x catch can set up“​

There it comes from the PCV. Please give me some hints not to connect something wrong.

best

i have a v9x and yes it has blown the rear seal twice.
I now have to empty it around each 1k mark, but also make sure the pipes in and out are able to drain so that no oil can pool in either of them creating a blockage.
I have my can mounted in front of the intercooler

Hi, I misunderstood something.
I I follow the inlet and outlet of your catch can. Then the outlet seems to go to the EGR ?!??? And the inlet comes from where?

It´s totally different to the plumbing in the thread „

V9x catch can set up“​

There it comes from the PCV. Please give me some hints not to connect something wrong.

best
I will have a look tomorrow as its raining here and the beast is not under cover

I will have a look tomorrow as its raining here and the beast is not under cover
The full engine photo above is deceiving actually. It does not bend to the egr.
Both hoses go straight under the air intake hose and the intercooler hot hose, to the turbo? One above and one below(hard to get a photo of the below, its right against the firewall)
Hope this helps

Attachments

• 20230404_161158.jpg
    20230404_161158.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230404_161221.jpg
    20230404_161221.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230404_164335.jpg
    20230404_164335.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
One question on top.
what kind of hoses have you used? I think the temperature is very high in nearest direction to the turbo.
do I have to use oil resistant silicone hoses?
And do you know the inner diameter of the hoses to use?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back