V9X catch cans....... again

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

Sheddie

Reaction score
I've recently read that installing a catch can to a V9X isn't such a hot idea as it can cause a back pressure in the crankcase which in turn causes the rear seal to dislodge slightly and leak. Has anyone ever heard such a thing and /or has it ever happened to anyone?
Thanks very much in advance for your words of wisdom :)

Fivefivezero

Reaction score
Ive got one on mine, no issues.
Its a provent 200. Driver side in picture.
I empty it about every 1k, has about 40-50ml oil each time.

Attachments

• 20221130_161701.jpg
    20221130_161701.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0

Sheddie

Reaction score
Ive got one on mine, no issues.
Its a provent 200. Driver side in picture.
I empty it about every 1k, has about 40-50ml oil each time.
Awesome, thanks mate..... It's currently in the stealership having the EGR replaced under warranty..... and yes, they're pulling the engine out to do it !!! $3k's worth 🤷‍♂️

Jamie550

Reaction score
I have one on mine I don’t see how it can increase crankcase pressure more than it already was previous as it’s just an inline seperator . I had a diesel fuel injection shop try telling me the same thing but makes no sense it’s the engine rings and blow by that depict how much pressure is in crankcase it’s still hooked into the exact same spots as the factory setup and doesn’t have any valves or restrictions that would increase pressure . I have had mine on for 100,0000ks and no rear main leaks or oil leaks at all .

Sheddie

Reaction score
I have one on mine I don’t see how it can increase crankcase pressure more than it already was previous as it’s just an inline seperator . I had a diesel fuel injection shop try telling me the same thing but makes no sense it’s the engine rings and blow by that depict how much pressure is in crankcase it’s still hooked into the exact same spots as the factory setup and doesn’t have any valves or restrictions that would increase pressure . I have had mine on for 100,0000ks and no rear main leaks or oil leaks at all .
Thanks Jamie, perhaps its an old wives' tale. Just strange that a fuel injection shop says the same thing.

Cheers anyway.