V9x catch can set up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fivefivezero

Reaction score
Hi all,
Can anyone provide details or a pic of their catch can set up in the V9X engine bay?
Thanks

cant provide a photo for you
i have seen them low and out front on a few of the v9x

Hi The catch can I have is supposed to be installed on the passenger side in front of the air filter box but as I have fitted a diesel pre-filter which also wants that piece of real estate I had to move the catch can to the drivers side in front of the battery. I had to flip the bracket upside down & install a drain hose so I can drain can without removing can..... no room to access to unscrew.
IMG_1967 2.jpg
IMG_1968.jpg

Hi The catch can I have is supposed to be installed on the passenger side in front of the air filter box but as I have fitted a diesel pre-filter which also wants that piece of real estate I had to move the catch can to the drivers side in front of the battery. I had to flip the bracket upside down & install a drain hose so I can drain can without removing can..... no room to access to unscrew.View attachment 36775 View attachment 36776
Sure is a snug fit.
I have a provent 200 where the outlets face to the right, which wouldn't make sense near the airbox and would be better suited on the driver side.
Thanks for posting

Hi The catch can I have is supposed to be installed on the passenger side in front of the air filter box but as I have fitted a diesel pre-filter which also wants that piece of real estate I had to move the catch can to the drivers side in front of the battery. I had to flip the bracket upside down & install a drain hose so I can drain can without removing can..... no room to access to unscrew.View attachment 36775 View attachment 36776
What was it like fitting the opposite end?

I had to turn the bracket upside down and remove the battery. Also drill & tap the can to install a drain hose then run the hose down to the bottom of the bull bar and install a plug. To drain I’ll have to get under car and remove the plug.

What was it like fitting the opposite end?
I had to turn the bracket upside down and remove the battery. Also drill & tap the can to install a drain hose then run the hose down to the bottom of the bull bar and install a plug. To drain I’ll have to get under car and remove the plug.
I have a RH drive STX550, I also fitted the same brand Catch Can, no pre filter.
When it comes to draining the can, I use a large Syringe through the dip stick hole. Works gr8.
The kit is well designed, apart from ther being no access to unscrew the bottom of the can.

This how the Mann catch can sits, pretty tight.
If possible can you show me where its connected to on the engine?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20220809_162222.jpg
    20220809_162222.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
It’s very hard to explain & if you’re not mechanical minded it’s a very difficult job, here’s a link for a YouTube clip that explains it
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back