V9X Boost Issue Surging

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supermike

Reaction score
Well I'm back again. Navara has been running pretty spot on since I had the EGR, DPF, Intercooler etc fixed.

Now we have a new issue.... Noticed it a few weeks ago, that I literally had no boost, truck would get to 2500rpm then wouldn't rev anymore, no black smoke from exhaust I might add....

Anyway i assumed it would be the BCS, so I took it off, cleaned it up, put it back in. Back to full power again and the usual black smoke when you smash the throttle until the turbo is at full bore then nice and clean.

The problem has come back again, so I bought another new BCS.... Problem not solved, what I have noticed though. If I put the truck into manual mode, get the revs up to 2500rpm, let off the throttle then smash it down. All of a sudden I get boost for around 2 seconds then it fades off again.

I have checked the VAC lines and can't see anything obvious, I have also vacuum checked them and they are holding vacuum. Vacuum pump on one end and blocked at the other.

Now I did some reading on this, I am yet to look at live data - can't get a hold of a diagnostics machine yet. Does anyone think that this could be a SCV problem, limiting the fuel pressure, thus ECU is holding back on boost - hence no black smoke either.

Not sure if the V9X has a SCV though...

Any help of suggestions are welcomed

It does sound like the symptoms we get when the SCV is dirty. A bottle of injector cleaner might help - and can't hurt.
Good idea with the injector cleaner. Getting my diagnostics machine back today so will look at live data. In particular fuel rail pressure

Well I'm back again. Navara has been running pretty spot on since I had the EGR, DPF, Intercooler etc fixed.

Now we have a new issue.... Noticed it a few weeks ago, that I literally had no boost, truck would get to 2500rpm then wouldn't rev anymore, no black smoke from exhaust I might add....

Anyway i assumed it would be the BCS, so I took it off, cleaned it up, put it back in. Back to full power again and the usual black smoke when you smash the throttle until the turbo is at full bore then nice and clean.

The problem has come back again, so I bought another new BCS.... Problem not solved, what I have noticed though. If I put the truck into manual mode, get the revs up to 2500rpm, let off the throttle then smash it down. All of a sudden I get boost for around 2 seconds then it fades off again.

I have checked the VAC lines and can't see anything obvious, I have also vacuum checked them and they are holding vacuum. Vacuum pump on one end and blocked at the other.

Now I did some reading on this, I am yet to look at live data - can't get a hold of a diagnostics machine yet. Does anyone think that this could be a SCV problem, limiting the fuel pressure, thus ECU is holding back on boost - hence no black smoke either.

Not sure if the V9X has a SCV though...

Any help of suggestions are welcomed
Hi Supermike, I’ve read in another thread that you have maintenance/ service manuals for the V9X engine, would you be able to email manuals to me please. Email is [email protected]

Latest posts

Back