Ute in Limp mode fault code p2263 - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travnewell

Reaction score
Coming home from a trip last Friday ute went into limp mode about 60ks from home. Got home checked all intercooler pipes all ok cleaned boost sensor in the top of the intercooler still in limp mode then the orange check engine light came on. Put the obd reader on and it came up with p2263 turbo charger system performance. Cleared the code but no difference and came on again 500m up the road. Any ideas? It's pretty much undrivable as it is gutless as? Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

There's no surprise it feels gutless. The engine is governed and the turbocharger control is turned off.

The reason for this error code is an extreme of expected boost pressure for 10 seconds. If the boost was commanded high and it doesn't rise, or if the boost pressure rises 5psi above expected levels for 10 seconds, it pops this error.

So, take a look at turbocharger control. Is yours vacuum controlled? I can't remember if the V9X had vac or electronic actuator control. If it's vacuum, check the vac hoses (you might also notice poor braking performance).

Other possibilities: faulty EGR valve, dirty air intake sensor (MAFS). You might also check the EGR tube to see if it's blown a hole open and instead of pumping exhaust through the turbine, it's venting into the engine bay.

Yer it's vacuum controlled had a look at the lines today and they were all sucking fine no holes that I could see. Egr tube is fine no holes I cleaned the mafs today no difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The next thing to do then is to inspect the turbocharger. The actuator may not be working (failed diaphragm) - has happened once or twice in the past. It moves an arm that reaches between the hot and cold side of the turbo - might be hard to look at on the V9X though, and you'd have to reset the ECU so the error code wasn't there before trying it.

Got the ute sorted was a faulty boost controller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hi Tapatalk,
I seem to have the same issue (finally got a OBD scanner to read the fault P2263), see details on the following thread Sudden loss of power in Stx550

I noticed the boost gauge was barely registering any boost when it did it.
Which part did you replace (specifically)?

Andrew.

Latest posts

Back