Using a massive bolt to stop drag link flex and stop wandering on the d22.....?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just about to install my second PS draglink as well. The joint the connects to the pitman arm wore out and was clicking within 4000km and PS said there was a bad batch of draglines made last year with a shitty weld. They sent me a new 1 for free, I have also bought a new idler arm and new bushes for my Calmini UCA's which will all go in next wknd. I currently have around a 3" lift in the front with about 10mm gap in the bumpstops. I will be winding the front down another 10mm to try and get better wear out of the new parts as the steering is pushing up instead of left and right. Front end should feel half decent when all done

The dodgy weld was only on a bad batch that got imported early last year, I don't think it affects the joint but I think a few draglinks snapped so they replaced them for safety reasons. I'm putting all the new steering gear in today so hopefully it makes a huge difference

swapped out the PS draglink for a $90 aftermarket replacement.

the swivel joint on the driver side is worn (7, 000kms), bit of play and dry, metal on metal feel to it, might be ok with some grease in it.

clicking noise still seems to be there, so not sure what it is, maybe cv's?

see how this draglink goes.

what went wrong with your first one?

I have a creaking/clicking noise coming from my steering, I suspect it could be the PS draglink ends or being caused by it.

I'm not sure its great for the steering box and idler arm as any minor misalignment will cause a bit of stress, perhaps there was a good reason Nissan used a swivel only and a ball joint rather than 2 swivel only joints.

Not sure yet, jury is still out on this one.
Ahhh yup! My thoughts too! I'm wondering if these H.D solid bush type are playing up because of fitment alignment!

What i did noticed, on the "one D22" video I could find of the H.D Drag Link Shim install, is that even though the bloke did whats asked regarding the shims, it looked like the drag link still had load on it and needed finer adjustments! Bad for steering box!
I'm yet to do my next big service but I brought some shim plate at various thickness in preparation for the drag link install..

And for the idler arm also! The Roadsafe idler arm brace is heavier than the s.racing one so that's great- and that got me thinking about its mounting and positioning ??? Maybe they need to be "tweeked" a bee's d#@$ too with shims??? We'll see i guess... I do like this blokes set up though! Danm, too late now... I wonder if he's still doing them?

Cheapest Shim Plates i could find!

Danmmmmm expensive now days!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211020-192542_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211020-192542_Chrome.jpg
    713.5 KB · Views: 17
swapped out the PS draglink for a $90 aftermarket replacement.

the swivel joint on the driver side is worn (7, 000kms), bit of play and dry, metal on metal feel to it, might be ok with some grease in it.

clicking noise still seems to be there, so not sure what it is, maybe cv's?

see how this draglink goes.
If it's constant clicking on turning I'd think c.v too...

well its funny because this post is so old i cant remember what the clicking was, but as far as i know its not there now so i must have fixed it somewhere along the line.
Lol, yeah I forget to look at the dates of posts... I get carried away when I'm looking for info!

Got mine fitted, all good, didn't even have to shim the steering box! A Little win!!!

Steering box needed adjustment though, nearly 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn and I think I could go another 1/8 ! Lol the things we get used too huh..... I've been putting off the front end for ages, just haven't had the "puff" to get into it eh, I've ordered the parts now so that should motivate me...

Latest posts

Back