Upgrading springs on 4x2 dualcab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrJohn

Reaction score
Hi
Just joined.Recentlly bought a 2016 ST Navara dual cab4x2 .Want to tow car tailer 2 Ton so want to fit heavier springs as even with Suzuki on board she was closetothe bumpstops and I will be towing a Holden drag car with a bit of fuel and jacks etc in the tray.Every time I look at different springs they are listed as 4WD only.Is there really a difference in the springs.I would have thought they would be the same dimensions.Thanks in advance

Hi
Just joined.Recentlly bought a 2016 ST Navara dual cab4x2 .Want to tow car tailer 2 Ton so want to fit heavier springs as even with Suzuki on board she was closetothe bumpstops and I will be towing a Holden drag car with a bit of fuel and jacks etc in the tray.Every time I look at different springs they are listed as 4WD only.Is there really a difference in the springs.I would have thought they would be the same dimensions.Thanks in advance
i would guess they are the same suspension. i see in the book that 2wd are a bit lower than the 4wd, so they may have different sized springs. 4wd springs may sit it up higher.

however first thing i would do is check your tow rating. if i recall correctly the 2wd has a lower tow limit than the 4wd.
also over here the only 2wd they sell is the 4cyl petrol version which i would not want to be towing much with.
i suspect your drag car plus trailer is going to weigh far more than 2 ton. trailer will weigh 500kg easy enough, add in fuel, tires, tools etc. over here we typically use 2.5 ton trailers.

From what I can see comparing the specs, both cars are the exact same height and have the same tow capacity, 3500kg.

the only difference between the two is the 2WD has a higher payload of 100kg as it doesn’t have the weight of the 4WD system.

Latest posts

Back