Upgrade to folding mirrors.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunMentalGrey

Reaction score
Hi all, my garage is getting ready for my 07 STX to live inside, im removing an office area and bench because the ute is too long.

Anyway, it’s also a bit narrow and I wondered if possible to upgrade to electric folding mirrors relatively easily. I’ll pick some up from the wreckers, just wondered if I’ll need to add wiring for the forks and indicators or it might already be there.

Any one been down the mirror upgrade road including to clear view with electric fold?

Last edited:
it shouldn't be too hard as the existing loom 99% of the time will cater for the extra options. They won't generally make multiple looms.

You will however need to upgrade the switches inside the car to cater for it.

Take what I've said with a grain of salt as I haven't done the upgrade, but commenting from previous experiences on cars.

Thanks. Wasn’t sure if electric folders were available early on.

It’s mainly for the passenger side, driver side is easy reach out the window, but it’s also the side that will have all the space.

Hello GMG
the 550 has folding mirrors, in the mirror is a courtesy light the says on for about 30 seconds when the doors are opened, and also an indicator light when turning... the control switch is under the ignition
good luck :)

Attachments

• 4E5D952D-3F14-4956-A5D3-4C92D78E12F2.jpeg
    4E5D952D-3F14-4956-A5D3-4C92D78E12F2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
Thanks. Our R51 pathfinder has folding mirrors too, presumably my wife will notice the mirrors stop folding when she drive it into the garage so I’m going to have to get some more!

I have an R51 pathfinder with the folding mirrors activated by switch. Has anyone investigated a way to get them to fold in when you hit the remote to lock the car, aka most mercedes benz vehicles of the last few years?

I have an R51 pathfinder with the folding mirrors activated by switch. Has anyone investigated a way to get them to fold in when you hit the remote to lock the car, aka most mercedes benz vehicles of the last few years?
That sort of my would be a pain if you fold you mirrors to enter a garage etc because they’d unfold every time you start the car (before you reverse out)

Next step, switch is on its way from a wrecker off the internets.

I’ve tried getting the chrome covers off to paint black and not succeeded. So will paint them over the next couple of days. Then I’ll pull he old ones off and work out how many more wires I need to run. No point puling the door apart before the new mirrors are ready.

Have figured out some of the wiring colours on the bench. Will see how they line up with existing once the old mirrors are out.

Got my mirrors painted and installed but haven’t wired them yet. The old ones had one small 3 pin plug while the new ones have 2 plugs and 9 wires. Trying to decide wether I hard wire or try to find a couple of plugs to suit. I’m considering buying a couple of door looms from a later model, but .... inner tightarse objects.

Latest posts

Back