Unknown connector in front of radiator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben_c

Reaction score
Anybody know what this cable might be for? I don't have much automotive knowledge but probably won't need a dumbed-down explanation.
I've tried following where this cable is going and it seems like it splits 2 ways, one I've followed to the horn (which sits right at the top of the front grill), the other one goes towards the (car's) left headlight unit, but it goes behind the bumper and some other plastic so I can't see or trace exactly where it goes. I'm not sure what different connectors are supposed to look like and Google hasn't been much help. Thought it may be for something like a lightbar, but weird how I've traced it going to the horn and one other place (I could even be mistaken where it was actually going but I definitely ran my hand along it as far as I could a few times and every time I traced it to the horn, and couldn't figure out where else it goes)

2008 D40 Navara STX

1685261723339.png
1685261736709.png
1685261756432.png
In this picture, the horn is at the top of the picture

It's the ambient temperature sensor.

Nissan never supplied the sensor to Australia because we don't understand that sort of technology. Oh I've got proof.

Man In Car Using Toilet.jpg

But in all seriousness, they never supplied it - you could buy them (I think they were about $295) but they're just a thermistor that's worth about $2, a user here was making them up and sending them out some years ago but I haven't seen him in a long while.

It's the ambient temperature sensor.

Nissan never supplied the sensor to Australia because we don't understand that sort of technology. Oh I've got proof.

View attachment 37659

But in all seriousness, they never supplied it - you could buy them (I think they were about $295) but they're just a thermistor that's worth about $2, a user here was making them up and sending them out some years ago but I haven't seen him in a long while.
Ahh I see. Thanks for that, haha.
Image made me laugh.

Was really wondering what this random ass cable was doing just dangling around (it wasn't originally tied up when I bought it 2nd hand). Obv there are probably gonna be a few cables here and there but this was a long cable in front of the radiator that to me looked like it served a fairly important purpose.

NSW, not far north of Newcastle, 17 Jan 2019 . It was reading 50C before I thought to go get my phone and take a pic.
not sure if i could deal with that haha. tho it gets pretty hot in north qld. it's a humid hot so it's pretty crap in the middle of summer

not sure if i could deal with that haha. tho it gets pretty hot in north qld. it's a humid hot so it's pretty crap in the middle of summer

That was a day to stay indoors with the air con running flat out. You could feel the raw heat in your lungs and it wasn't comfortable. We've spent quite some time in central Australia (Broken Hill and west, I must say I love Coober Pedy) and this particular day seemed worse than the worst we've experienced "out there", including one day in particular that we started a walk around Uluru when it was 43C.

as always, fountain of knowledge!

Just thinking about it last night, my VSK 2013 does have ambient temp.. judging by that Dash are they the older MNT and VSK's that didn't get the sensor?
The older (2010) MNTs didn't even get the cabling, I had a good look over one trying to find it and the loom just wasn't there. The VSKs at least had the loom and the plug, and a way for Nissan to score an extra couple of hundred $ once the sale was done.

Latest posts

Back