uk Newbie

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plug

Reaction score
Hi All,

As titled I'm both a Newbie to the Navara forum and also the Navara ownership experience. Based in S.Wales, UK, just passed the half century and love my 4x4's.

Moved on from a 2002 Hilux to a 2008 Navara D40. To say chalk and cheese is an understatement. Looking forward to learning more about the pro's and con's of the Nissan but already had to get my hands dirty changing some drop links, track rod ends and installing a lift kit.

One quick question, I been looking at a post which contains images posted via IMAGESHACK.US which I can't see. Does this mean I have to subscribe to this service before I can view or does it mean the images have been removed??

Might sound like a dumb question but not had much experience using forums.

TIA guys + gals much appreciated

Welcome aboard.

Unfortunately some image hosting sites change their method of addressing individual images and posting links to images rather than uploading the images to the forum causes the images to disappear over time. From a forum management perspective there's little we can do about this, because we don't have access to the poster's image site account to go and find the lost image and put it on the forum (by uploading it directly to the forum itself).

In the early days there were issues with storage capacity causing some larger files to be rejected by the forum software, which only encouraged the use of external sites like Photobucket etc. Cheaper mass storage has alleviated this to a large degree but it doesn't help with much older posts.

If you have something specific about your car that you want to see, you can always ask and someone is likely to either have a photo, or go out and take a photo of their own car.

Hi and many thanks for your reply. It's no big deal I just didn't want to subscribe to something then find out I couldn't view the pics anyway which as you have just enlightened me would have been the case.

Hi Plug, welcome to the forum.
I'm in South Australia, but have cousins up in north Wales who do a bit of Green Laning in Landrovers.
Enjoy the D40 :)

Thx KevinE, the world is a small place when we have so many ways to communicate eh fella (y)

Latest posts

Back