UCA and LCA Bush replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So hows the knocking noise? still there? Mine has developed a knock/clunk noise. Mainly turning right and sometimes from braking.

Shiting me as i cant find where its coming from. Appears to be the left hand side. Torsion bars look fine and fitted correctly.

Pete

Pete,

I haven't got it all back together at this stage, will do so on Sunday; will let you know how it goes. The bushes seemed ok, no obvious signs of deterioration, so I'm just not sure yet. I have now replaced every component on that side so if it doesn't fix the issue I'm not sure what it could be.

Well my father inlaw had an issue similar to that and we found that the side step was loose and hitting when turning left and braking.. You might want to check yours if you have any :)

Well my father inlaw had an issue similar to that and we found that the side step was loose and hitting when turning left and braking.. You might want to check yours if you have any :)

Interesting...always pays to check the basics first in stead of going in :rambo:

Kind of...:) It doesn't seem as prevalent now it's all done at low speed but is still there at times.

I heard it very clearly though a couple of days ago getting wood. I lifted the driver side a bit and as it came down, it made the clunking/knocking/snapping sound. It's definitely a metallic sound. Think torsion bar slamming in at high pressure or something.

I do not think it is the wheel stops.

Could it be a CV or maybe something in the steering? I dunno, I can't see anything rubbing or other physical damage so I don't know if I will keep chasing it.

Reviving an old thread, Flynndog did you ever source the location of this noise, did replacing the LCA bushes fix the issue?

It sounds like a I have similar situation to you on my left hand side, the D22 has done it since I bought it, I have replaced the shock and torsion bar, replaced the UCA bushes ground back where the tierods sometime hit the chassis and still no luck. The noise from mine comes on when the wheel droops to the maximum down travel, usually quickly like when you are offroad in either 2 or 4wd.

The last thing I can narrow it down to is the LCA bushes, I have a set of poly bushes but don't have the guts to do the job myself, asked a mechanic and he said sometimes the lower link spindle (bolt with the star head just in front of the torsion bar sometimes seizes with the bush making removal very difficult).

The only reference to the rear LCA bush making noise I can find is from this super old 4wd action youtube clip about buying a used D22 skip to 2min22sec for his brief explanation of the problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I1Nzx2iSiY

There is also a special tool for removing the rear LCA bush which is what the FSM makes reference to, however upon calling nissan they cannot supply it and none of the auto stores can supply it either, it is as if the part does not exist, I will try gary from Nizzbits though

Reviving an old thread, Flynndog did you ever source the location of this noise, did replacing the LCA bushes fix the issue?

It sounds like a I have similar situation to you on my left hand side, the D22 has done it since I bought it, I have replaced the shock and torsion bar, replaced the UCA bushes ground back where the tierods sometime hit the chassis and still no luck. The noise from mine comes on when the wheel droops to the maximum down travel, usually quickly like when you are offroad in either 2 or 4wd.

The last thing I can narrow it down to is the LCA bushes, I have a set of poly bushes but don't have the guts to do the job myself, asked a mechanic and he said sometimes the lower link spindle (bolt with the star head just in front of the torsion bar sometimes seizes with the bush making removal very difficult).

The only reference to the rear LCA bush making noise I can find is from this super old 4wd action youtube clip about buying a used D22 skip to 2min22sec for his brief explanation of the problem.

There is also a special tool for removing the rear LCA bush which is what the FSM makes reference to, however upon calling nissan they cannot supply it and none of the auto stores can supply it either, it is as if the part does not exist, I will try gary from Nizzbits though

Shame, the link doesn't work any more.. Just looking into my front end issues and I'm about to do a big R/R service on mine.

I've had that same noise, "snapping, clack, steal on steal crack" on the "droop float" .. like when I'm coming off a small gutter/ drop etc
Thinking L.C.A bushes and Ball Joints! More ball joint noise " i think", it's a real metal on metal sound! Tricky to inspect with these torsion bar set ups, so thinking she's over 300+ they'll need doing.

Found new complete L.C.A with H.D Ball Joints and superpro bushing $175ea
L.C.A inner rear chassis bush $87
Sway bar link and bush kit $30
H.D Drag Link $290
New pins and bolts nuts etc Partsouq $170

She needs a front wheel bearing pack or replace, new bearing kits are $120ea - I've had 2 sets in the tool box for 8 years whilst I've travelled lol
U.C.A bushing should be fine?
U.C.A Ball joints s.b.f ?
Tie Rods s.b.f?
Shocks? Been on there a while? Any suggestions on a new set! Be silly not too eh

Now, the reason for me waking this post up is because I'm looking for ways to remove the inner rear chassis bush!
I'll post what I find in regards to D.I.Y Bush removal ;)

Superpro L.C.A where cheap i though!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211019-193643_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211019-193643_Chrome.jpg
    541.7 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back