U1000 CAN Communication Circuit.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

chara9

Reaction score
My D40 Navara don't start......I had scan the vehicle and I am not picking up the ECU and I am getting the following codes....need help as the nissan dealers are saying my ECU has failed.....I can't believe an ECU just failed. Does anyone have the Electrical diagram for a (4X2) A/T Calibre D40 model
1633912909089.png

chara9

Reaction score
I am looking at the codes (characters) on the various ECU's....my P/N: 23710 KH02A and a colleague of mine has a similar model a year older bearing the P/N: 23710 JS42A. I would like to know what important characters are important when looking for an ECU...

Old.Tony

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The ECU is specific to the model, engine and transmission, so a petrol ECU won't suit a diesel, one from a manual gearbox car won't suit an auto etc. I am not sure if a Thai build will suit a Spanish car, I can't see why that wouldn't work.

Antitheft is in the BCM not the ECU, so if your ECU is fried and replaced everything else should remain the same (keys are registered with the BCM).

Before changing the ECU, have a look over the old one and try to determine what killed it. Was the vehicle jump-started improperly? Do you know what the vehicle was doing when the ECU stopped? You don't want to get a new ECU in there and the same thing happens!

chara9

Reaction score
The vehicle was parked outside and was not in use for a week..........there were some thunderstorms.......and when the wife tried to start it saw it did not start and just continued using the other car.........I changed the battery...tried to clear these codes....and rescanned the vehicle and I got the following codes....and you are right I really need to find the root cause. I don't want to put a new ECU in and poof........as I am looking on the internet for an electrical diagram to verify the wiring...

1634048650053.png

Old.Tony

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd pop the current ECU out and open it. Examination of the board may reveal some damage and give you the answer, rather than having to read tons of wiring diagrams and compare them to what's in your car.

It may be that the vehicle was struck by lightning, in which case I'd expect to see component damage on the negative (earth) side of the components.