Tyre Size

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TylerSharkey

Reaction score
Hey guys
I’m looking at going bigger in tyre size, I was looking at getting a 265/75/16. And almost what offset should I run, I want the tyre in the Gard but I also want it to look mean
If any one has any recommendations that would be much appreciated, and photos if you have any

cheers

I'm running 265/75/16's AT's, only because the tyre guy didn't have the tyres I wanted in 265/70/16 AT. They run inside the guards on my stock wheels & don't rub anywhere (no lift on the Ute).

The Ute was already slow before they went on. They've slowed it even more, especially in 1st gear. They've also increased fuel usage. On a positive note, they bring the speedo back to be more accurate than it was with stock size tyres.

They definitely don't look mean lol.

I have a 2” lift, have cut the inner guards to house the 33” ( tried 33” before cutting guards, but rubbed very badly, even with the old man emu 2” lift”) I got approx 7.2km to the litre on the 32”, so don’t really know what the consumption will be on 33”.
The only worry I do have is whether the larger 33” diameter tyres will do damage to the auto box and rear diff. ( as changing to bigger diameter tyres changes the ratio required to run at optimum)
Can anyone help please?
Chur.

I have run 265 75 16 on my yd 25 auto for many years. Cant notice any difference to fuel useage but speedo indicates 9% low due to bigger diameter . Measured with GPS. I think it helps when towing the caravan with a bit of a tailwind. Can sit on 100kph at 2000rpm. pegleg.

I have a 2” lift, have cut the inner guards to house the 33” ( tried 33” before cutting guards, but rubbed very badly, even with the old man emu 2” lift”) I got approx 7.2km to the litre on the 32”, so don’t really know what the consumption will be on 33”.
The only worry I do have is whether the larger 33” diameter tyres will do damage to the auto box and rear diff. ( as changing to bigger diameter tyres changes the ratio required to run at optimum)
Can anyone help please?
Chur.
Yes, running bigger tyres isn't good for an auto trans. 7.2km/L isn't great economy.

Yes, running bigger tyres isn't good for an auto trans. 7.2km/L isn't great economy.
This I know, on both counts, but the question is then, on 33” tyres, what ratio needs to be run at diff ( final reduction) in order for it to be right?
On the fuel consumption, my Ute is constantly loaded ( gross weight of 2850kg), and this has a major impact on consumption.

This I know, on both counts, but the question is then, on 33” tyres, what ratio needs to be run at diff ( final reduction) in order for it to be right?
On the fuel consumption, my Ute is constantly loaded ( gross weight of 2850kg), and this has a major impact on consumption.

If you lower the diff ratio, your fuel consumption will go nuts & your top end speed will dive.

Back