Tyre Pressures

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazza63

Reaction score
I have a set of 265x70x16 Nexens on my D40 just wondering what the trye pressures should be for normal highway use and off road use to get the most out of my tyres. Probably been asked a million times.. But thanks in advance for any info given as usual. I had 15x10 yrs agao could and did run them at 8PSI on beach but I have heard so many conflicting things about the new modern tyres I just want the best info I can get hence why Im asking you guys that know it all.

it varies a lot depending the tires.
for onroad look at the max pressure and weight rating on the tire. that will give you a guide to what pressure to run for any given weight.
eg my old tires where 50 psi max and we run them at 40 psi with full load. the new tires are 80 psi max and run around 60-70 psi with a full load.

off road its a case of how low can you go with the tire coming off the bead.

My D22 tyre chart recommends 32 front-32 rear at half load, 32 front-38 rear at full load (265-70-r16 are standard). Though I tend to use 33 psi all round unladen. Loaded up I can use 40+psi.

Off road depends on the conditions and the type of tyre (and load). I normally use mid 20's on the dirt, in desert sand I can drop to 18-20 psi, in wet off road conditions I have got down to 13-15 psi (that was with muddies though). Worth being careful with normal at's, the sidewall in them isn't always strong. Should have Light Truck designation at a minimum, muddies are generally the strongest though.

I used to run 36 front and 34 rear for unloaded on-road driving in my D40. Comfort vs wear it seemed to be the sweet spot 😁
Drop them by at least 10psi off-road 👌

Last edited:
Agree with the off road pressures listed here.. Normal driving and hiway I run 40 psi and 45 loaded. Most of the normal pressures listed above for day to day are Normal car tyre pressures I.E non 4wd drive pressure but sedan and wagons.. Not saying there not good but will affect you driving and general wear and tear of your tyres having pressures incorrect.

Sorry for late reply to all but again thanks so much as usual a wealth of knowledge from each one of you many thanks truly appreciated..

Latest posts

Back