Turbo problems D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lethalduck

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a question for you. I've got an 06 d22 3.0td with a power problem. It lacks power on half decent hills (flat out 80kph in 4th), blowing black smoke when you start it and are getting around 16ltrs per 100kms. Took it to my dealer today and they have said they THINK it's the turbo boost sensor or my turbo it self. Ran out of warrenty 4mths ago. What sort of cost am I looking at if it's the turbo? Has anyone else had a similar problem?

doesn't sound like turbo issue to me.

first thing i would do is block off egr. its sounds like a typical stuck open egr.
does it stutter when you go over 3000rpm? if so could also be neutral switch.

otherwise, blocked up intake, fuel blockage, air leak in fuel line.

boost sensor would be easy for them to test. also real east to fit boost guage and see what the boost is doing.

no ECU error codes?

Cheers for the response. Thanks for the heads up on the turbo. The dealer said they bypassed the egr and that stopped the smoke issue. The boost was 15psi. They said they did some cleaning as well. There is no stutter at all. It maybe an idea to get a second opinion by the sounds of it. The dealer said they had another customer with a similar symptoms but had a knocking noise as well which turned out to be a bent shaft in the turbo. So maybe thats why they are heading down this path.

bypassed the egr?
did they block it off?
if so is it still blocked? if so do egr butterfly mod.

typically if your getting boost but no power its sign of timing is out. either chain tensioner has failed or possibly the crank sensor is failing.
be interesting to know if boost is any different to normal.

Latest posts

Back