Tuning and engine KM's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07_Blue_D40

Reaction score
I have done a bit of research but havnt really found much, I am chasing more power out of my 07 yd25 since putting 33" tyres on its a bit sluggish especially on long climbs and is currently sitting on 230xxxKM.

I am going to do 3" exhaust, custom airbox and 4" snorkel, turbo intake piping and possibly upgraded turbo + intercooler further down the line. Then put it on a dyno

Just wondering if this amount of KM's would be safe to chase a bit more power and for how long or should I be looking at possible reconditioning the motor or certain parts of it to ensure a bit of safety when tuning.

Cheers

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1632662252058.jpg
    FB_IMG_1632662252058.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 4
The larger tyres change the ball game somewhat. Developing more power will return the vehicle to performance that you're accustomed to, but will cruise at similar speeds at lower RPMs.

I'm surprised you haven't considered something like diesel gas (LPG injection), which is supposed to boost power by 30% - and that alone may be enough for you. You could chip it as well, but a good chip is required and not one of the cheap things like the "No Limits" chip which only cheats the fuel rail pressure sensor, you need to consider a chip that includes and monitors EGTs. Intercooler and turbo upgrades will give you small gains relatively, so if you're happy with the LPG setup you might call it a day at that.

The engine should be able to cope with the extra power, so should the gearbox, but I'd imagine you'll start wearing through unis a bit. Watch the front diff, it's quite weak and probably THE first place you'd consider putting a locker in to help reduce the risk of catastrophic failure.

Latest posts

Back