Transmission issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake777

Reaction score
hi everyone, need some advice regarding my Navarra 09 D40 manual. My clutch doesn’t feel right and there’s no biting point. Recently I’ve noticed my clutch, becoming very smooth and not noticing the biting point when it engages.

most of the time it’s fine in second gear and above when you change gears, still very smooth way more then usual but
it works!

From a standstill going into first and starting off in first, I feel like the car doesn’t want to move unless I give it a lot of revs 2k and I release the clutch 90% of the way out. I have been driving a manual transmission for 8 years and something doesn’t feel right.

The car has done 300k. sometimes I drive it and from 2 gear and about it goes back to normal and I feel the biting point, but other times like today I didn’t feel any biting wile driving through all the gears. All fluids are full and no leaks as far as I can tell.

any advice I’m thinking it could be a master cylinder or just a clutch, but I really have no idea

Thanks in advance

It might also be the clutch has developed a sheen from heat. Originally the 2009 D40 manual came with a dual mass flywheel which had a rather thin face that the clutch engaged onto, which wouldn't shed heat as quickly and as a result people who were towing (particularly pulling boats up boat ramps) were seeing their clutches die at 30,000km. This is reasonably common and the fix was to move to a single mass flywheel (particularly if towing) with an Exedy HD clutch.

There have been one or two complaints about the thrust bearing and if I recall, one person who had to weld up the thrust arm (I've done that myself as well, but on a Volkswagen).

It may be time to inspect the clutch more closely.

Latest posts

Back