Towbar wiring functions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a Towbar fitted by a mate of a mate , 13pin with charging and fridge ,

when I connect to to the caravan ad select reverse the Navara rear sensors don’t turn off ,

I got a Towbar fitted by a mate of a mate , 13pin with charging and fridge ,
Where did this 13 pin plug come from, was it this one? the normal one has 12 pins.
when I connect to to the caravan ad select reverse the Navara rear sensors don’t turn off ,
If it was a 12 pin one, there are several 12 pin sockets, view this link. 12 Pin Flat Plug/Socket Did your friend use Part No. 82072BL or did he use one of those with a reed switch. You need the appropriate reed switch wired into the circuit to silence the alarm.

It’s the 13 pin euro socket I have
I have had a look at the Narva site that I gave the link for and can not see how you can overcome the reversing sensor problem you are having. The only thing I can suggest is that you refit your connectors with the 12 pin connectors if you really wish to overcome the problem. If you look at the socket Part No. 82074BL it has a switch built into it to silence the alarm when you connect the plug.
Designed for vehicles with reversing sensors, these sockets feature an in-built reed switch that deactivates the sensors while a trailer is connected. This prevents constant beeping from the sensors that detect the close proximity of the trailer. The reed switch disconnects the reverse sensor once the socket lid is opened for plug connection. Suits all vehicles with normally open circuits specifically Ford and Nissan.

Hello guys Nissan fitted reverse sensors to D40 in reverse it was beeping, making it very hard to concentrate making me want to reverse faster hehehe.... they fixed it so when I reverse the sensor is deactivated... they said a resistor malfunctioned between something and something :)

Our territory has sensors which beep when in reverse when anything is on the towbar but never thought much about it although have cameras on both car and van so can still see, put a C/O switch on the D22 for the cameras (no sensors) so maybe I better put a C/O switch on the Territory for the sensors, thanks for the idea.

Latest posts

Back