Torque Pro app android

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10navst

Reaction score
Hey all, I just installed the torque app on my phone and was setting up a navara d40 profile but there was one or two settings I don't know the answer to. Could someone with a stock d40 screenshot their setup and post on here please?

Thanks.

Cheers for the reply... It was the volumetric efficiency that had me stumped.

Many thanks.

Great app/ tool this is for seeing what the car is doing. Q: the weight saved in profile shown is 2800kg, isnt that a little heavy for D40 Or is it GVM and not TARE weight required? Does this have a variant on Nm torque figures? Does the app show realistic Nm readings?

I use this in my R51 and find it great to see what the car is doing, especially when towing 2.5t van.

Thx Pace.

Ive just bought the elm327 bluetooth module and going to use it with torque app..... Ve watching this thread to see how it all goes...

Great app/ tool this is for seeing what the car is doing. Q: the weight saved in profile shown is 2800kg, isnt that a little heavy for D40 Or is it GVM and not TARE weight required? Does this have a variant on Nm torque figures? Does the app show realistic Nm readings?

I use this in my R51 and find it great to see what the car is doing, especially when towing 2.5t van.

Thx Pace.

hey mate, i put in 2.8t as a worst case scenario

realisticaly, would only be around 2.3/2.4

i get fairly accurate Nm readings as it is just reading the factory sensors

Ime fairly sure the zd30 doesn't support obd2 diagnostics port and there is no suitable blue tooth adaptor

The weight is important for horsepower calcs. Torque uses the rate of acceleration (which it can tell by the ECU speedometer and the GPS distance-over-time) and probably just simply uses the age old formula F=ma where Force (horsepower) = mass x acceleration.

If you truly want this to be accurate you need to keep the weight figure up to date for the current conditions (eg that 2.5T van is a BIG factor).

I think it's really only used as a wanna-be dyno. You could put in that your car weighs 12T, accelerate like mad with the horsepower graph showing 1500hp and then wave that in your mates' faces, but egg on the face isn't the best look.

Thank Tony, I'd thought there would be an elborate reply from you. Looking forward to new exhaust in a few months from Redback where car will be dyno'd before and after installation. Pace.

Let us know if the Torque horsepower figures (with your weight fairly well approximated) are close to "the real thing" - remembering that the dyno is actually a statico, because you don't have wind resistance, so once your "real world" speed rises your engine is also pushing air aside, and not just spinning some rollers underneath it (so we should expect that the Torque figures will be a little out due to this).

Cheers for the reply... It was the volumetric efficiency that had me stumped.

Many thanks.
Just waiting for my adaptor to arrive for the torque app. Just wondering if I can get the setup/profile for V6 2013 Navara please. Mostly interested in trans oil temp and coolant temp and if they are easy to configure? Thanks ian

Just waiting for my adaptor to arrive for the torque app. Just wondering if I can get the setup/profile for V6 2013 Navara please. Mostly interested in trans oil temp and coolant temp and if they are easy to configure? Thanks ian

I don't think we can actually share our profiles from Torque.

Coolant temp is built in, that one is really easy.

Trans oil temp is not so simple. The gearbox knows it, but you need a special mode (and possibly a different adapter) to make the query to get the data. It's something I am also struggling with.

Thanks for the reply. Yes the trans oil temp would be so good for towing if it could be displayed.
I've just picked up my d40 V6 and it seems really good it's been really well looked after has 98k on the clock one owner
an has never been of road or used in 4wd🙂. It had its inter cooler replaced due to seals at 70k. Anyhow will see how it goes over time.
Plan to get a van around the 2tonne mark

Back